70mm Oppenheimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a promotional slide for this:

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• 70mm features for the week leading up to OPPENHEIMER continue to arrive.

I'm running out of booth-space to stash them all.
      70mmBoothRls.jpg

These also just arrived, & I need to get then outta the hallway!
      (and there's still 9 more cases to come when O-HEIMER gets here)

70mmHallReels.jpg

Comment

• What titles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Norwood View Post
          What titles?
          So far, "Lifeforce", "The Last Boy Scout" & "Tenet" I think I'm expecting one more
          , in addition to OPPENHEIMER. "Lifeforce" & "Last BS" are original release prints,
          with magnetic sound tracks.

I've been telling my friends: "If you want to see films in France, go to Cannes ~
          but if you want to see films in cans, come here"

Comment

• Of all theaters in the Denver area, I can't believe the AMC Westminster 24 still has their 70mm projector as they're showing Oppenheimer n the format.

Surprisingly enough, some people must actually know as the house is actually pretty well presold (as is the laser IMAX digital screen.)

Comment

• I read in the news a couple days ago that people were getting up and walking out because some of it is way too intense and or chilling for them to watch...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
                I read in the news a couple days ago that people were getting up and walking out because some of it is way too intense and or chilling for them to watch...
                Preview screenings? Are there people who don't know how it ended? It wouldn't surprise me considering how little history most people know. Having said that, there have been very well done films where we know the ending and they were still able to create incredible tension and drama. One great example was "All The President's Men".

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Brooks View Post

Preview screenings? Are there people who don't know how it ended? It wouldn't surprise me considering how little history most people know. Having said that, there have been very well done films where we know the ending and they were still able to create incredible tension and drama. One great example was "All The President's Men".
                  I highly recommend reading the book "The Making Of The Atomic Bomb", which won a pulitzer prize, before you see the movie. There is no way that Nolan could cram all the actual players into this movie. People pursuing splitting the atom goes back to the early 1920's. There is also "The Atomic Bomb Movie" as well which has been recently up-rezed to 4K. But it's a mesmerizing film with interviews of many of the now deceased physicists who worked on the project, and the still living physicists.

As far as people knowing the actual history goes, I graduated HS in 1972 and it was only a mention in an educational film we saw in history class back then. Schools today are almost worthless...
                  Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie: Directed by Peter Kuran. With William Shatner, Edward Teller, W.H.P. Blandy, Frank H. Shelton. The history of nuclear weapons between 1945 until 1963.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
                    70mm features for the week leading up to OPPENHEIMER continue to arrive.

I'm running out of booth-space to stash them all.
                    70mmBoothRls.jpg

These also just arrived, & I need to get then outta the hallway!
                    (and there's still 9 more cases to come when O-HEIMER gets here)

70mmHallReels.jpg
                    Will you get Tron? I really want to see that film in 5/70.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Richard View Post
                      Right now, 'TRON' isn't on my "list" - - but believe it or not, I'm often the last person to know about
                      these things. Sometimes the customers seem to find out about our advanced schedule before I do.
                      I did just learn that they're planning another round of 70mm screenings in September, after I get back
                      from The Telluride FIlm Festival. (assuming I still have a job. There are currently some labor issues
                      going on within the company I work for that may result in the replacement of all current projectionists.
                      The issue is now in the hands of lawyers at the moment, so beyond that I can't say anything more
                      )

Comment

The Castro in San Francisco will be screening TRON in 70mm on July 28th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Coate View Post

The Castro in San Francisco will be screening TRON in 70mm on July 28th.
                          Awesome! I will working in the Bay Area for the IMAX 70mm run of Oppenheimer. Any idea who the projectionist is there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post

Right now, 'TRON' isn't on my "list" - - but believe it or not, I'm often the last person to know about
                            these things. Sometimes the customers seem to find out about our advanced schedule before I do.
                            I did just learn that they're planning another round of 70mm screenings in September, after I get back
                            from The Telluride FIlm Festival. (assuming I still have a job. There are currently some labor issues
                            going on within the company I work for that may result in the replacement of all current projectionists.
                            The issue is now in the hands of lawyers at the moment, so beyond that I can't say anything more
                            )
                            What theater is playing all these 70 runs?

Comment

What theater is playing all these 70 runs?
                              These are all at the New Mission Theater in San Francisco
                              NuMishAtNight.jpg
                              [Photos By Jim C]
                              NuMishVistaVsn_1.jpg

Comment

• How many of these theaters showing Oppenheimer have curtains yet, I still have mine and in working condition at Willow Creek in Plymouth Minnesota just use them on special occasions this used to be a old Cineplex odeon house which I've worked at since 1989 when it opened went through a lot of different ownership changes .
                                also does anybody know when the prints are getting shipped

Comment

Working...
                                X