No announcement yet.

70mm Oppenheimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i noticed that the union city (CA) cinemark has de-listed their 70mm shows, which at the start of the week were posted through tomorrow. anyone know what happened and when? trashed print?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carl Martin View Post
      i noticed that the union city (CA) cinemark has de-listed their 70mm shows, which at the start of the week were posted through tomorrow. anyone know what happened and when? trashed print?
      I'd say either that or inability to source a projectionist.

Comment

• You guys are both wrong. Universal just decided to end the run there.

Comment

• apparently the AMC Westminster 24 has heavily damaged their print​
          This is infact not true. They ran some shows in DCP because of a blowerfan failure on the lamphouse console. When it was decided to only keep one location in that market the projectionist there had been going since july 21st and the projectionist at Colorado Mills was "fresher" and thats why the decision was made to drop that location.

Comment

• Good job Sean! Hopefully I can get a transplant and get in on the next special! I miss running real film!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
              <edited>
              All the "Class A" change-over venues I've worked at had separate
              switching arrangements which allowed picture & sound to be controlled independently. As
              Scott points out, this was especially useful when running older titles with imperfect leaders
              or "short" change-over cue marks, and allows one to squeeze in the last word of dialogue
              or musical note on the outgoing reel.
              I thought I'd revive a dead topic within this thread with a couple of actual pictures.These
              are actually my "favorite change-over switches", that are in one of the venue booths that
              I've worked many times here at the Telluride Film Festival. I like these both for the fact that
              they allow independent switching of picture and sound, and also for the way they are labeled:
              There's no "Left" or "Right" or "Projector 1" and "Projector 2" - - just "HERE" and "THERE"
              Xover_1.jpg

This is the proj motor start switch box. I can't remember if this is HERE or THERE,
              but it does have another very useful feature most booths lack- - a "JOG" switch for
              checking for threading errors or running the leader down to your favorite number.
              JogSwitch.jpg
              Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 08-31-2023, 10:09 PM. Reason: To Edit My Previous Edit !

Comment

• You guys are both wrong. Universal just decided to end the run there.
                glad there was no carnage involved!

so was thursday the 24th the last day of the run in union city?

(like michael coate i try to track film screenings in the bay area and l.a.)

Comment

• Today is the start of Week 7 for OPPENHEIMER. Which 70mm and 70mm IMAX runs are still playing? Any second-run bookings been added yet?

Comment

• The AFI/Silver is down to weekends only for 70mm. Weekdays are DCP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Coate View Post
                      Today is the start of Week 7 for OPPENHEIMER. Which 70mm and 70mm IMAX runs are still playing? Any second-run bookings been added yet?
                      AMC Pacific Place in Seattle is still running 5perf 70mm. I got my Art of Projection signed by the projectionist last week.

Comment

• Confirmed 70mm run extended through September 14 at Regal Colorado Mills.

Comment

• Union city went through tuesday the 29th. That was the last day.

Comment

• The Imax is still going strong here in Nashville...
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Looks like things are starting to wind down across the board. I was hoping that Cineplex Mississauga would hold out on their IMAX 70mm run so I could take my dad to see it, but they appear to have dropped back to digital as of today.

A shame, really. Its a nice IMAX SR house. I was really hoping to lack of product would convince Universal and IMAX to extend the run up North. Such is life!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
                                The Imax is still going strong here in Nashville...
                                Website has showtimes through Sep 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X