No announcement yet.

70mm Oppenheimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you remember to REMOVE the 35mm pad roller from the upper loop? That's what causes the "train track scratches" on 70mm prints on a JJ if this is not done.

Check out those rainbow labels. It must be PRIDE month.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Coate View Post

We have a worldwide listing of the “Oppenheimer” 5/70 and 15/70 locales at In70mm.com.
      I thought the Regal Greenway Grand in Houston had a 70mm projector? Did several runs there.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Coate View Post
        We have a worldwide listing of the “Oppenheimer” 5/70 and 15/70 locales at In70mm.com.
        Can you explain a discrepancy? There are 30 70mm IMAX prints being struck (as confirmed upthread and mentioned in your list), yet there are 31 locations listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Young View Post
          Can you explain a discrepancy? There are 30 70mm IMAX prints being struck (as confirmed upthread and mentioned in your list), yet there are 31 locations listed.
          in70mm.com still has Chantilly - Airbus IMAX, Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center listed but IMAX.com doesn't. It was originally in the list then removed.

That's the only discrepancy I see comparing the lists.

Comment

^Thanks, well spotted.

Comment

Udvar Hazy has said that they're still seeing if they can get the 70MM projector back to show it in that format, if not they'll just do 1.43 Dual Laser

Comment

I will be travelling to Indianapolis to see it in 70mm

Comment

I may do the same. I am pretty sure the one here at Opry Mills is Laser... In this town you get either AMC or Regal. But thankfully, there is a very nice three screen art house near Vanderbilt University.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
                    I may do the same. I am pretty sure the one here at Opry Mills is Laser... In this town you get either AMC or Regal. But thankfully, there is a very nice three screen art house near Vanderbilt University.
                    Mark,

Regal is working on the repairs for the IMAX 70mm system at Opry. Apparently, a chiller on the roof was completely shot and they had to replace it. I haven’t been able to speak to anyone personally but through the grapevine, folks have told me that management’s optimism has grown to the point of advertising imax 70mm tickets onsale via fandango and regal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty Wright View Post
                      Mark,

Regal is working on the repairs for the IMAX 70mm system at Opry. Apparently, a chiller on the roof was completely shot and they had to replace it. I haven’t been able to speak to anyone personally but through the grapevine, folks have told me that management’s optimism has grown to the point of advertising imax 70mm tickets onsale via fandango and regal.
                      I checked the Imax site and they still list it as laser, but will certainly keep checking in at both the Regal and Imax sites. Opry Mills is only a 30 minute drive vs 4.5 hours to Indy. And thanks for the tip!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post

I checked the Imax site and they still list it as laser, but will certainly keep checking in at both the Regal and Imax sites. Opry Mills is only a 30 minute drive vs 4.5 hours to Indy. And thanks for the tip!
                        they must have updated since you looked.

I think the repairs went well or are going well so far and that’s why Opry wasn’t pulled off the official IMAX 70mm list like Smithsonian Airbus (side note: they have confirmed they will not be able to reinstall the film system in time and will be showing the film via dual laser).

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I applaud all the theaters that got their 70mm IMAX systems back into full working condition just for this movie. Honestly did not expect it, it's great to see enthusiasm from audiences still. Theater near me (The RI Providence Place) is the only one in New England and it seems they are showing it 4x a day (so a whopping 30 minutes between showings) and seems most of the showings are completely or nearly full opening week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty Wright View Post

they must have updated since you looked.

I think the repairs went well or are going well so far and that’s why Opry wasn’t pulled off the official IMAX 70mm list like Smithsonian Airbus (side note: they have confirmed they will not be able to reinstall the film system in time and will be showing the film via dual laser).
                            Yep! Wasn't listed as 70mm a week ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by Allan Young View Post
                              Short answer: "You can't believe everything you read online"
                              (even here!)

Comment

• I'm sure if Cameron needs another 15/70 print that Foto Kem will get one made in pretty short order, especially since there is no mag striping involved that has to age before it's sounded. It's also not unusual to make extra prints in case one, or parts of one get trashed. I worked on an installation of a 15/70 system south of Salt Lake City back about 2005, and the owners of the theater decided NOT to install a UPS for the system. Wasn't long before they did... a couple of power bumps and the resulting film pile ups and damage quickly convinced them to do so. They spent many nuevo peso's on all that replacement footage for Titanica... It was a 3-D print.

Comment

Working...
                                X