Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Y2k24 BUG! MAJOR DIGITAL OUTAGE TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a problem in Sweden!​

https://www.svt.se/kultur/filmstaden...inom-48-timmar

Filmstaden about the IT attack - hoping for a solution within 48 hours
    UPDATED TODAY 16:05 PUBLISHED TODAY 14:55
    One of the companies affected by Akira's IT attack is Filmstaden, which over the weekend was unable to sell tickets via its website.

- The latest is a hope that it can be resolved within 48 hours, says Helena Eklund who is commercial director at Filmstaden.

On Monday, SvD reported that it is the Russia-linked hacker group Akira that is behind the IT attack against system supplier Tietoevry. Several of the company's customers have been affected, including Filmstaden, which was unable to sell tickets via its website.

- The majority of our visitors buy tickets on digital channels, I think it's 70-80 percent, says Helena Eklund who is commercial director at Filmstaden.

Book on the spot
    During the weekend, cinema-goers had to pay on the spot via the payment app Swish for tickets and snacks.

- It's not that the performances or the times have changed, but the payment method, explains Helena Eklund.

Hoping for a solution within 48 hours
    On Monday, Tietoevry called in a crisis meeting about the situation.

- The latest is a hope that it can be resolved within 48 hours. We really hope for a quick and complete solution soon, says Helena Eklund.

How the attack will affect Filmstaden in the future remains to be seen.

- It is clear that it will have a financial consequence.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Balsamo View Post

I was running from theatre to theatre 12/31/1999 to make sure no Y2K bugs would get us. We had just one of 100+ screens affected by Y2K24. That was one more then in 1999.
      I did witness a a spectacular fireworks disaster at midnight 12/31/1999.

Welcome Mike!

Yea, we had zero problems at the turn of the Century. Of course, that was the CP-500 days... I was standing on top of the Boise Egyptian Theater marquee at midnight. we were getting ready to run a 24 hour film festival at the then newly restored theater. They had 60 hot air balloons lined up from the theater corner up to the Old Burlington Train Station, and each balloon fired it's burner for one second for the countdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmut Maripuu View Post
        We have a problem in Sweden!​

https://www.svt.se/kultur/filmstaden...inom-48-timmar

Filmstaden about the IT attack - hoping for a solution within 48 hours
        UPDATED TODAY 16:05 PUBLISHED TODAY 14:55
        One of the companies affected by Akira's IT attack is Filmstaden, which over the weekend was unable to sell tickets via its website.
        Well, let's hope they have immutable backups somewhere and they didn't leak the personal details of 60% of the country in the process... Otherwise, it's a good lesson in how everything and everybody nowadays is a potential target for some internet criminals.

Comment

• The certificate issue is still a big pain in the posterior for me. The venue I'm at plays a lot
          of legacy titles, and I've got to double-check all of them. Deluxe automatically sends out
          out the VF file 'fixes' and and special keys for titles with known issues, but that's not always
          the case. I have to first identify the problem, and then e-mail them for 'the fix', although to
          be honest, they've always been quick at responding. But it's still a pain. On the legacy
          titles it's hit-&-miss. I had to request 'fixes' for all of the LORD OF THE RINGS titles,
          as well as GOONIES, WHEN HARRY MET SALLY, and a few others. Fortunately this
          week I've got alotta 35mm . . . so I won't have to worry too much about that.

Comment

• We did hear back from GDC that and patch is "forthcoming" for the SR2000/SX3000 combo, but no publication date known yet.
            Until then it's updated DCPs or VFs from the distributor/studio.

Comment

• I wanted to share an update on an issue that was discussed at the last ISDCF meeting. The meeting notes are currently in draft and will be available soon at https://www.isdcf.com/meeting-notes/ (Look for first notes for 2024).

There are multiple issues connected to events seen on Dec 30, and an F.A.Q. on this topic is likely to appear as it is more complex than surmised.

It was not the first time this issue has been seen.
              It's just the first time it has widely impacted playback.

In brief... however, I encourage those interested to read the notes.
              DCI specs did cover this issue deep down in the specification.
              Up-to-date systems were not affected.

Takeaway, Keep your DCI equipment up to date.

Those who oversee these issues (Dark screen events) are highly encouraged to read up on this issue so they can easily identify it and know how to recover quickly.

Comment

• ISDCF has issued an extensive document on the issue. It is at https://www.isdcf.com/certs-expiring/

Comment

• Sony has now issued a software update for the S10 servers (AKA SRX-R5xx/8xx) that takes care of the expired signing cert issue. The new version number is 1.56.4.
                  Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 03-22-2024, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
                      Sony has now issued a software update for the S10 servers (AKA SRX-R5xx/8xx)
                      that takes care of the expired signing cert issue. The new version number is 1.56.4.
                      As recently as last week, I was still dealing with a couple of titles where we had to get special VF"s issued
                      so that we could play them. (Actually, someone else was dealing with this because I was busy running
                      the 70mm DUNE-2 shows
                      ) On Monday morning of this week, I had to be at the theater before 7am to
                      meet a NetFlix technician ( yes, they have them) who wanted to do tech-check run through of an advance
                      premiere of a new NetFlix show Monday night. When I came in, i found alll my Sony servers were in the
                      same "log-on' condition they revert to after a power failure or shutdown. I was curious what happened,
                      but too busy to investigate it at that time. As the day went on, I realized there was a slight difference in
                      the server touch screen response, and I noticed several other slight differences. It wasn't until mid week
                      that I realized that the software in all the Sonydigitialserverthingys had been updated- - but how that
                      happened, or who did it, is still a mystery. (Which is sort of scary!- - I never received any e-mail or other
                      notification about the software update, and I checked with management and tney were clueless too
                      .)

About two weeks ago, we junked our SONY TMS because its' license was about to expire at the end
                      of March, and I was told that Sony was no longer going to support them.
                      Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 03-22-2024, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Sony has now issued a software update for the S10 servers (AKA SRX-R5xx/8xx) that takes care of the expired signing cert issue. The new version number is 1.56.4.
                        I see that the ISDCF document has been updated accordingly. Did Sony released different packages for 510 and 515 as usual or is it the same package for both of them, as it seems in the ISDCF page? https://www.isdcf.com/certs-expiring/

Last week GDC released upgrades for SX3000 (build 521) and SX4000 (build 135), probably the SR1000 will come soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post

It wasn't until mid week
                          that I realized that the software in all the Sonydigitialserverthingys had been updated- - but how that
                          happened, or who did it, is still a mystery. (Which is sort of scary!- - I never received any e-mail or other
                          notification about the software update, and I checked with management and tney were clueless too
                          .)
                          Well, check the version number. There is no autoupdate mechanism on the Sony servers - someone must have done it deliberately. Maybe a service company has remote access.

Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post

About two weeks ago, we junked our SONY TMS because its' license was about to expire at the end
                          of March, and I was told that Sony was no longer going to support them.
                          According to Sonys declaration to pull out of the cinema market, the TMS is supported until 2027.
                          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 03-23-2024, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Well, check the version number. <edit> The new version number is 1.56.4.
                            I'm taking a 'mental health break' away from work this weekend, but I was curious enough
                            after reading your post that I logged in remotely to the system at my venue, and sure enough,
                            the software had been updated to the version you mentioned. [see picture] I am just a bit
                            befuddled about why myself or management at my venue was not informed of the update.

As for Sony's EOL date for TMS support ...in my own defense, I wrote that "I was told that Sony
                            was no longer going to suppor
                            t ..." So I was only repeating what I had been told by a technical
                            supervisor in my company. I have no doubt that your your info about Sony ending their support
                            in 2027 is more accurate than what I thought I was told. I do know our TMS license was expiring
                            at the end of March, so it's also possible I misunderstood or misinterpreted what was said..
                            - - either way, I'm just glad I can now probably kiss my SMPTE certificate problems goodbye.

I logged in remotely & confirmed my
                            Sony server software was updated

SonySftwre.jpg
                            So the server software has been updated, but we still junked our SONY TMS about
                            two weeks ago, because the license was expiring at the end of March and replaced
                            jit with a new system.
                            Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 03-23-2024, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Maybe your companies issue with the TMS license is different from Sonys general TMS support end. Maybe the license contract ended.

Comment

• I wonder why the most recent version for SRX-R500 series on Sony's portal is 1.56.2 and bulletin 159. At least from what I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X