in line fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon McLeod View Post
    We always put a T in the exhaust fan output with 2 motorized dampers during heating season the fan blows into the theatres return air plenum recovering the heat during the summer they vent outside
    I worked on installing a dimming system in a live theater in Salt Lake City where there were return air ducts above the lamps they used to recirculate the heat from them back into return air. It worked well and the Architect got some sort of award for doing it. Of course today, almost all that lighting stuff is LED so the return of any minuscule amount of heat is pointless..

If the exhaust was directed outside, I also often installed an inline damper after the output of the Fantech in places that were really cold.

Comment

The problem with using the existing exhaust duct if the fan on the roof isn't running is you are, essentially, plugging the end. The air has to push through the fan to get outside. You get a hot stack in the booth (and the entire run. Honestly, I don't care what you do, that is up to you.

As to the 12C and overcooling, with an 8" fan...that isn't possible. The 12C is only cooled by air. The plate at the end of the light pipe can easily be damaged from too much heat...it will lose its reflectivity and then start to be a heat collector instead of a heat reflector and then you'll get over-temp errors for the light pipe. If the booth is getting hot already (or warm) well, that is what you are cooling the projector with already, which isn't a great condition.

Comment

Here's what I've used and like best. Hope they still make it.

IMG_4471.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks Sam...

Steve, the existing fan at the roof would be removed if we go inline and if I can't convince them not to change the current set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Ezra View Post
            not liking the idea of exhausting into the booth - adding extra heat to booth....
            If you blow into the booth, you're not getting fresh and dusty air from outside. Unless you have a very capable (hepa) filter on your intake, re-circulating the air WILL extend the life of your optics. Obviously you'll need a capable HVAC and that will cost some money but I've serviced projectors where the air was being re-used and always found the projector and its guts spotless.

Venting to the outside can always be an option if the HVAC fails.

Comment

Isn't there some mention of invalidating the warranty if you put a reducer on the ducting from the lamphouse?

Comment

Working...
              X