in line fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in line fan

Consruction on the second story of the building we're in is forcing us to change our lamphouse ventilation.
    We need to go with an inline fan.
    Does someone know the cfm requirement for a Barco 2k12c?
    Also any recomendations would be appreciated.
    The space between the top of the projector and the ceiling is limited, about 2 feet.

Thanks

Fantech FG8XL. It works on most any projector with an 8" flange. I also recommend their neoprene fan clamps (something like FC8) as they reduce vibrations.

Comment

thanks Steve

does it connect directly to the projector flange (with gasket) ?

Current setup is 8 to 6 reducer then flexible duct to 6 inch vent stack
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Fantech-...6-Duct-483-CFM would this one work ?

Comment

and where would the clamp go with this setup?

thanks again

Comment

It probably will work but then you are putting the fan on the reducer.

I'd get the FG8XL and then set the fan on the projector...use the FC8 to clamp it there (place the clamp so it about half clamping the fan and half clamping the projector. Note, these don't come with power cords so that is on you too. Do not put the exhaust stack back on. Blow the air into the booth. Otherwise, you'll just pressurize the stack and the rooftop fan (or whatever they are doing above) will just be a restriction to the air flow.

If you really want to do it better, get 1-2 feet of straight 8" duct. Clamp/tape/screw that to the projector...put the blower on top of that and then put an 8" elbow (90) on top of the blower. This will let it draw a nice column of air out of the projector and not have an open-top on the blower.

Comment

not liking the idea of exhausting into the booth - adding extra heat to booth.... the stack is about 20 feet of 6 " duct thru the roof .

I have a portable tripp lite ac unit (black unit in front of sound rack) and supply air from a small window with high merv furnace filter in it.
              In the winter I leave the filtered window open to cool booth

Comment

I agree the exhaust should leave the building. It will be quieter that way as well. There's Flexexaust that is heavier duty ducting than what I see and quiets things down even more.

Comment

love ya Sam

Comment

I went to flexaust website- lots of ducting. Any particular one? https://www.flexaust.com/ind-hose-ma...c-ventilation/

Comment

I'll have to get back to when I go to the warehouse tomorrow or next day. I don't see the exact one I like best in that pic.

Comment

The 12C doesn't make a lot of heat, overcooling the lamp is more of a concern than insufficient airflow. I would want it ventng outside.

Comment

I've never seen bulb overcooling in real life but admit it is possible. But I don't live in Manitoba or Edmonton.

Comment

I never knew that overcooling could be a problem. I always assumed the cooler it is the better would be.

Comment

We always put a T in the exhaust fan output with 2 motorized dampers during heating season the fan blows into the theatres return air plenum recovering the heat during the summer they vent outside

Comment

Working...
                              X