Hollywood Software TCC Login Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Software TCC Login Failure

Hello everyone! I rarely post on here but visit just to read and learn frequently. Below is a screenshot of the error I get when trying to log into our TCC program on the office computer. This has been the case since a Windows update last week. I checked all network settings and can ping the TMS, tried turning off firewalls, checked the CLI config settings, and ect. Not sure what else to try. I'm running Windows 11 which won't allow me to install an older version of Teamviewer. Thus denying our tech guy the ability to log on and fix this.

image.png

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but I recently had a similar issue after an update.
    I seemed to be able to 'connect' to the remote device, but then I had no communication and
    I'd get a message something like what you've got. In my case the problem had something to
    do with my anti-virus software which was preventing a session initiation. I discovered that if I
    temporarily disabled my anti-virus software during log in (and re-enable it after the handshake),
    everything worked normally. It might be something worth trying, if nothing else as an attempt at
    troubleshooting your problem. (I eventually had to add the the remote server to a 'white-list')

Comment

Anti Virus, yes could very well be. I would also try disabling the firewall to see if that fixed it. (And if so, then apply new rules to fix it properly. Having to figure out what those rules would be.)

Comment

Thanks for the replies!! I have tried disabling the firewall but not the anti-virus. I'll give that a shot shortly and see what happens.

Comment

Nope. I turned off all anti-virus and firewall protections. Also re-booted and tried. I get the same pre-login handshake error message.

Comment

I don't know anything about this software at all, but I notice the error message tells you that the connection was closed BY the remote host.

So are you changing the firewall, anti-virus and whatever else you're messing around with on the remote host or on your local computer? If you're making the changes on the local computer you're probably fixing the wrong thing.

Comment

Thanks for that info Frank. Everything I'm doing is on the office (local) computer. I'm hesitant to do anything at the TMS. If that were to fail to login then I'd be playing movies manually and my current headache would turn nuclear. LOL I welcome any and all other thoughts or suggestions.

Comment

Forget Teamviewer. Use www.anydesk.com It's FAR better, and both of you you can run it without installing it if you don't want it installed as a service.

Comment

If the screenshot above is the remote TMS computer within a Teamviewer window, then the problem is internal within that computer: nothing you do on the PC from which you are connecting via Teamviewer is going to help. If so, you will get the same result if you were actually sitting at the TMS computer. I would suggest contacting Cinedigm's (or whoever owns TCC now - I've a feeling it may have changed) helpdesk for next steps. As with the GDC TMS "happy new year" bug, it could be a known issue at their end, for which they can give you a quick and easy fix.

Comment

This seems to be a Windows 11 and recent update issue. There are no issues logging on with say a Win7 computer and no issues with any Win10 computers either.

As for Teamviewer, there is a "Quick Support" version (that registered users can issue to clients) that also does not require installation on the computer...it is an executable.

AnyDesk has been flagged as a security risk by several sites/entities.

Comment

Going back to a previous version of Windows is not as easy as it used to be. However, it can still be accomplished. After going back to Windows 10 my problem is no more! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hollywood Software has confirmed that Windows 11 is not supported with their TCC client. Anyone wanting to run Windows 11 (and beyond) will need to migrate to "ACE" (the next version of TCC), which uses a web-browser based UI.

Comment

Working...
                        X