GDC TMS 2023 "Software Bug"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC TMS 2023 "Software Bug"

Hello and Happy New Year!. Its been a while since I've come on here.

Recently, my theatres that use the GDC TMS program have been reporting a problem when attempting to log into the program. They are getting a "USER EXPIRED" notification and it WILL NOT let you log in to use the program. Even if you are using a fairly newer version of the software (4.X). For example, in November of 2022 I installed the newest version of the software that was available and even this site received the notification. it seems to be an issue with the new year 2023.

Unless you upgrade to the newest version 4.3.14522.08171545 - you will get this error. Additionally, GDC offers a software patch that can be used also, for sites that use their streaming system.

Good luck out there! If any of your theatres happens to have a really old version of the TMS program (3.X) - you are up the creek as they say.

One of my sites had this happen. GDC sent me the patch and instructions, and after applying it, all was good. The gotcha noted in the instructions is that if you are on an earlier version than 4.3.15XXX, you must apply the patch before updating the TMS to the current version.

Comment

Correction to Leo...it is 4.3.14XXX.

I have not encountered the issue (yet) but, preemptively, have already started applying 4.3.1455.

Thanks for the heads up Dennis!

Comment

Just had my first one do it tonight... Thanks Dennis!

Comment

The bug isn't actually presenting until the first time the TMS app is restarted (and therefore the username and password have to be entered again) after January 1. In all the cases I've had to apply the patch (four now), it's been after Windows updated itself and then rebooted itself automatically overnight. It was just a fluke that my first one was actually on the night of Dec 31 > Jan 1.

So we likely will see a few more of them in the coming days and weeks, especially on Windows Pro systems in which automatic updates have been switched off or deferred.
          Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 01-10-2023, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Rather than mess with the patch, I just installed the latest version on their FTP site which is 4.3.14522 as it was going to have to get updated in February anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Benjamin View Post
              Hello and Happy New Year!. Its been a while since I've come on here.

Recently, my theatres that use the GDC TMS program have been reporting a problem when attempting to log into the program. They are getting a "USER EXPIRED" notification and it WILL NOT let you log in to use the program. Even if you are using a fairly newer version of the software (4.X). For example, in November of 2022 I installed the newest version of the software that was available and even this site received the notification. it seems to be an issue with the new year 2023.

Unless you upgrade to the newest version 4.3.14522.08171545 - you will get this error. Additionally, GDC offers a software patch that can be used also, for sites that use their streaming system.

Good luck out there! If any of your theatres happens to have a really old version of the TMS program (3.X) - you are up the creek as they say.
              This happened to me with the old version 3.x .... I was not up S*** creek Its out of warranty but I called GDC and they still sent me a patch to fix, no problem.

Comment

It happened to us . GDC send us apackage that fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X