Bell & Howell 185 16mm projector speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Yesterday I replaced the 2X.5uf 600V cap for two .5uf 1200V and the projector is running now at a correct speed and not arcing at all. I kept it running projecting different films, not presenting symptoms of irregular speed. I seem to have found the solution to the problem...
    Thanks to everyone who helped me in the process.

Comment

Glad to hear it, and thanks for following up with an update. Hope you also enjoyed the entertainment in the meantime.

Comment

Thanks Tony,
        have a great day

Comment

that's great news! so i guess you don't need that pair of caps i have ??

Comment

Hi John,
            I found the ones I need in one of my many boxes of loss and found things. I'm not going to need your capacitors, but thanks for offering them
            Have a great one and thanks again
            Osvaldo

Comment

i'm sure glad the motor is ok, it looks like it is unique to the 179 and 185 models only! thank goodness for junk-boxes!

Comment

Yes, so glad motor is ok...Junk boxes are the savers!...and not throwing away anything is the key

Comment

you should visit sometime! ive been collecting since i was a kid...over 60+ years! ( 50 years or so of motion picture stuff included! ) i can't imagine throwing anything away!

Comment

Originally posted by John Eickhof View Post
                    i can't imagine throwing anything away!
                    I can vouch for that!!

Comment

Working...
                    X