No announcement yet.

Cue tape availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im with you there brad, i sold lots of accuta II as well as neutape splicing tape, im not sure what the adhesive they used but it didnt clog up splicers as bad as cheaper brands...and the small 1" dia rolls of 3/16 foil i bought through cir was also good and peeled off nice. i never did like the reflective tape used with the early opticue detectors...

Comment

Since I started using the Aucuta II tape six years ago, my Kelmar failsafe has never missed a single cue. It isn't cheap but it's the best and easiest to apply to the film edge.

Comment

My all time favorite Automation was the Eprad Ultimation. No cue tape needed as long as your projector had a synchronous motor. When test screening a film you just manually enter the cues and the automation rememberes them. If you had a non synchronous motor you could still do it, but the cues may drift around a little bit. Never had one fail either. Great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
          My all time favorite Automation was the Eprad Ultimation. No cue tape needed as long as your projector had a synchronous motor. When test screening a film you just manually enter the cues and the automation rememberes them. If you had a non synchronous motor you could still do it, but the cues may drift around a little bit. Never had one fail either. Great stuff!

Could it do a lights down, curtain roll, masking change, lens change and reverse it all at the end of the movie?

Comment

All that and more! It can even run the dish washer and flush the toilet if you want it to.

Comment

Nah, "timed cues" are ridiculous. If you have a power failure or anything at all causes a show delay, your lights don't come up when they need to and so forth.

Just get a quality cue detector with quality tape and be done with it. The Kelmar proxy detectors that read the edge of the film with Aucuta II tape never, ever, ever missed.

Comment

I think I'll stick with my CA-21. It's never missed a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Miller View Post
                  Nah, "timed cues" are ridiculous. If you have a power failure or anything at all causes a show delay, your lights don't come up when they need to and so forth.

Just get a quality cue detector with quality tape and be done with it. The Kelmar proxy detectors that read the edge of the film with Aucuta II tape never, ever, ever missed.
                  Did lots of Kalmar automation as well... But also had GOBS of cam timer microswitch failures with later Kelmars. Once the lead was removed from switch contacts those switches never lasted very long. Relays were not as troublesome for what ever reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X