New Christie Digital web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Christie Digital web site

Anybody else have an issue logging into there account on the redesigned site?

I just tried and I'm locked out as well. Usually when a website migrates to a new version a new password needs to be entered so I clicked on the "forgot password" section and I'm still awaiting a response from Christie. As usual from Christie, this could take a while..

Comment

I tried the same and am waiting for the email as well.

Comment

The only fix is to email webmaster@christiedigital.com and have them force-send you that password change email.
        Then note your password must have lowercase letters, at least one number, at least one capital letter AND one symbol for it to actually work.

Comment

Oh yes...no login for me as well. Also no mail with the new password.
          The product support downloads section looks awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold Chase View Post
            I just tried and I'm locked out as well. Usually when a website migrates to a new version a new password needs to be entered so I clicked on the "forgot password" section and I'm still awaiting a response from Christie. As usual from Christie, this could take a while..
            There should be absolutely no need for this. Maybe, this forum, provided as a free service to the community is something different. But from a professional company like Christie Digital you'd expect something better.

Even when you're migrating from an old to a new password encryption scheme, like from MD5 or SHA1 to let's say BCrypt, you could do this conversion the first time a user logs into your new website. You could verify the user using the old hash, then create a new hash based on the users unencrypted input and then store the new hash and destroy the old one.

But Christie apparently didn't care about customer service in this regard. Just replacing your old website with a new one and leaving all existing, registered users in the dark is pretty much first-class amateur hour...

Comment

11 days later, and finally I get a response from Christie.
              All is good again.

Comment

My access is restored as well after I followed Brad's stepsl. Has anyone found the series 1 projector downloads?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Miller View Post
                  note your password must have lowercase letters, at least one number,
                  at least one capital letter AND one symbol for it to actually work.

H01y Cr@p! I h8 when they d0 th1s!

Comment

Somewhat counter-intuitively, password requirements like this actually reduce the security of passwords. They make passwords easier to guess by reducing the number of passwords that can possibly be used and a brute-force attacker has a smaller search space to explore when attempting to get access to the system.

Comment

I use https://passwordsgenerator.net/ to create passwords. Since each site gets a unique password, I then use a password manager to keep track of them. Ideally the password manager is never hacked! On my own server (for which I am the only login), I block IP addresses after a certain number of login failures. I now have several thousand blocked. My server sends me a text message whenever there's a login, so I'll know if someone DOES get in. I use two factor authentication on all sites that support it. My web server uses encryption with certificates from https://letsencrypt.org/ .

Comment

Working...
                      X