No announcement yet.

using HDMI on IMS2000 in Solaria One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's a pretty uncommon configuration as most of those S2s have been replaced by GDC hardware instead of Dolby's IMS.
    IMS2000/3000 and SR1000 are officially supported boards for Solaria One. For economic reasons more people moved to SR1000, but I've installed also some IMS with no hdmi issues: I would double check the projector channel settings and make them like the ones of the DVI input channel that works.

Comment

Here's the thing. HDMI path from server to projector isn't defined by the projector make/model, it is defined by the Series 2 signal path. The projector should have no idea or means of knowing where the source of an IMB/IMS signal is coming from. The ICP has two inputs...one from the DVI ports of the host projector and from the IMB/SDI board. If it is looking at the IMB for signal...be it HDMI or DCP, the projector can't determine...that is up to the IMB/IMS to supply. So that is where I would focus my attention. There is likely a configuration issue. There could also be an issue with the ICP in how it is handling the refresh rate since HDMI could be supplying 30Hz and 60Hz and the ICP may be having issues with non-24Hz signals.

Comment

The ICP in the Solaria One is the "vanilla" TI/Christie ICP, isn't it?

I guess it's a relatively simple firmware thing on the IMS2000, which may be already fixed in a newer release or otherwise should be brought to Dolby's attention.

Comment

Working...
        X