Nec NC900 error 487 and 489

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nec NC900 error 487 and 489

Just went to a screening room that hasn't been used in a while and I got both error codes (Almost full) and (Full) for the security logs. They have a Doremi DCP2000 server. Any way to fix this or is it too late?

If this is the Enigma card security logs, then if the Enigma link decrypter is on version 1.8, you can purge the logs; if it's on 1.6 or earlier, my understanding is that the card is borked and you need a new one (if NEC still has any available).

You can only purge the logs through the VNC UI of the Doremi, in diagnostic tools > media block. I think you then have to click on "advanced" or some such thing: it's well hidden. Sorry, but I don't have remote access to any Doremi/Enigma setups to grab a screenshot for you. That button is not there in the Doremi's web UI (or at least if it is, I've never been able to find it).

Comment

Thanks Leo. There is a slight chance the software was upgraded about 5 years ago so hopefully it's on version 1.8. If not, oh well.

Comment

One can update a "filled" Enigma to 1.8. Then, if the connected server is willing, it can download the logs. Dolby DSS servers got you into a catch-22 that they wouldn't connect to a full enigma and only the the server can purge the enigma. It's been so long, I forget if the purge all command will allow it to ignore the red taillight and get the logs. I would not give up hope, if you find it not on 1.8. If you run the latest NEC update package, it will put 1.8 on it. Then again, if you don't have 1.8 on it, its software may be so old that it could be advisable to step through a couple versions on your way to modern.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I'll go back next week and check it out.

Comment

For a DSS100 or 200 server, press ctrl+alt+F1 (or connect via an SSH client, e.g. PuTTY), then username = administrator, password = [not allowed to post on this forum] , and then, at the prompt:

Code:
            cd scripts
            ./getAllProjectorLogs.sh localhost​
            You will then see a sarcastic message advising you to take a long, boozy lunch (or words to that effect) while the process completes. My memory is that it typically takes 30 to 40 minutes. This feature was introduced in a software update about halfway through the server's lifecycle (4.6.something, maybe?), and so if your DSS is on a really old version, you won't be able to do this.

Comment

It's an old Doremi DCP2000 server.

Comment

Just follow a standard update route for both server and projector, and it should work. If the screening room hasn't been used for a while, that could also mean the equipment has not been powered up for quite a while, and that could finally mean both the Dolphin in the server AND the Enigma may be dead forever.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact that the projector is reporting Enigma logs full would suggest to me that the Enigma battery is OK. The projector will report an Enigma communication failure if the battery has died and it's gone in to FIPS lock.

Likewise, if the Doremi is not reporting no communication with the media block, the Dolphin battery is also likely OK.

That having been said, if the system has been powered off for a prolonged period, I would strongly suggest powering up the projector for a couple of weeks to charge up the Enigma, and replacing the (one-time) battery on the Dolphin board ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                  X