Sony SRX-R320/LMT-300 Media Block issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony SRX-R320/LMT-300 Media Block issue

I want to start off by saying that I have very little experience with Sony equipment. I know how to operate them, but that's about it. I recommended to the theatre that they need to replace this equipment as soon as humanly possible. In the meantime:

I was trying to help out this theatre with their equipment. They had a new media block installed this morning (a LMT-300) on their SRX-R320 projector. This was done by a professional, certified, Sony technician. I later worked with a different tech over the phone to restore the configuration. The regular tech left the building, and it was understood that the unit was working properly.

However, it isn't ingesting content or displaying any of the information about the IMB on the control screen. When I called the Sony hotline, they instructed the theatre to do a full reboot on the system and again, it was understood that this "should fix the problem". It did not work.

Before you say to "call the tech company back', please understand that this company put me on hold for 45 minutes and then disconnected after they picked up the call. That part has been very frustrating. This particular tech company leaves a lot to be desired in the customer service part of their job.

Any advice would be helpful.

It's been a stupidly long time since I've worked with one of these, but as I recall, you'll have to set the network settings for the media network if the TMS is set up to transfer over the media network. Sony calls this "S2S" for Screen-to-Screen. It is somewhere in the settings when logged in as Super, but I couldn't tell you which page.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Maybe some screen shots of the status screens?

But - even with the issues you mentioned about the company - it's their job to get this right. Don't let them get away with this. Every proper tech should wait for e.g. a trailer ingest and playout, as well as a KDM ingest and basic check.

Comment

Turns out they shipped out a bad LMT-300. Down a screen for the weekend.

Comment

So it wasn't checked or tested at all before the installer vamoosed?

I'd be finding a new technical service company....

Comment

So the professional, certified tech plugged the box and walked away without checking anything?

Comment

Working...
            X