CP 1205 power adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP 1205 power adapters

This is about the standard 5V/12V adapter that powers the "shoe" (my word, and I'm sticking to it) that you plug the hard drive in to gurgitate it into your storage. All we've used for years since they stopped sending them along with the drives are CP 1205 made by Coming Data, but they go bad after awhile and need replacing. (Hint: if the green LED in the shoe stays lit when the power switch is off, it's telling you it no longer works, and you'll get a failure message when you try to use it - took me a long time to figure this out before I realized it was not a bad drive or shoe but a dying CP 1205.)

I can't seem to find a replacement other than used ones on eBay, which I'm not going to touch. There are others touted as substitutes, made by companies like YUSTDA, Alitov and others. Which do you recommend as reliable?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I'm pretty sure that's what you need: https://www.cru-inc.com/products/acc...s/ac-adaptors/ - the one for MoveDock.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Mork View Post
      <edited> I can't seem to find a replacement other than used ones on eBay, which I'm not going to touch.
      For whatever it's worth - I've bought a used power brick on e-bay after the original sled (or shoe) power supply at one
      venue shorted out and melted into a gooey mess before tripping a circuit breaker. and I never had any issues. I also
      bought a hard-to-find power supply for a Beherenger audio mixer, used ,on e-bay about 5 years ago and it's still
      working. I guess it depends on the seller. You didn't mention what type of server or IMB you are using, but the best
      thing I did at one venue after their shoe/sled power supply died was to install an actual CRU drive bay in their DoReMi
      DCP-2k4 serverthingy, which greatly sped up ingest. I don't recall the part number, but the DoReMi CRU adapter only
      cost a little over $100, and more than paid for itself in increased productivity, due to the faster ingest speed.

Comment

I call it a sleeve. And yes, CRU-Dataport sell the power brick 30010-0000-0011 (with US style plug).

Comment

Thank you.
          They call it a dock.

Comment

The reason for these bricks, is that it's an easy way out for manufacturers around having to pay lots of $$$$ for UL and CSA certification, and a bunch of others required in different States and Countries.. The company making the Bricks takes care of all that. I went through a strange thing with an HP Elitedesk Mini that I was building back up from a bare bones unit I got on the cheap. I had several 90 watt adapters, including one that went with my HP laptop, and a couple of other generics. The laptop brick had identical specs to the one in the image, yet it would not power up the computer. The exact supply for the computer, in the picture, from Epay worked fine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
              I call it a sleeve. And yes, CRU-Dataport sell the power brick 30010-0000-0011 (with US style plug).
              Steve -- I ordered that by number (30010-0000-0011). They sent the wrong kind, with a plug at the end instead of a 6-pin connector.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It would appear that they moved over to the standard DC barrel connector on the current sleeves (or Move Dock...if you must).

Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 8.27.56 PM.png

It would appear that they made the switch in 2022:

12V 3.0A 100-240VAC; barrel connector; for v5/v5.5/v6 docks, DEU, RTX11x-3Q, MoveDocks (2022).

They may not have them anymore. If you go to their accessories page and scroll to the bottom, they list them with a "Call":

https://www.cru-inc.com/products/acc...s/ac-adaptors/

It was part number 4010-0000-01 with a US power cord.

Comment

Thanks. Will return these and see if they have the right ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X