Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDC TMS-2000 with Dolby/Doremi IMS3000 (and probably other Doremi servers) and DST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC TMS-2000 with Dolby/Doremi IMS3000 (and probably other Doremi servers) and DST

I have a site that is using the GDC TMS-2000 TMS and they have a mix of GDC servers (SX-2000AR, SR-1000) and Dolby IMS3000. Any shows that were placed in the Daylight Savings Time from the Standard Time, were off by an hour when the server switched to DST. That is, if you, on say Thursday, pushed your week's schedule, for the week. Things were fine, until Sunday, when DST went into effect, the shows on Sunday-Thursday were off by an hour and only on the IMS3000s. Now, any show placed while in DST is fine. It is only when you are working in the "other" time placing shows.

I know we don't have this problem with TMSes like TCC and ACE and I'm pretty sure that Cine Digital Manager didn't have any issues either.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a known fix?

Hi Steve.
    I Have GDC TMS2000 and also that kind of servers mix (sx3000, sr1000, ims3000, showVault, sx2000) . I dont have that issue. Could be the TMS- software verson.

Comment

It is the latest version. I updated it just prior to DST to see if it was fixed.

Comment

I had that same setup, I recently removed the doremis though and now have all gdc. The doremi's had some more involved options involving daylight savings time, it also seems they got their times not from the TMS but from an external time server. I'd check to make sure they all are using the same source for their times. Be in the external server or the local tms.

Comment

It is getting it from the TMS. Note, the TMS-2000, on DST itself, will show the time-line an hour off too...the shows are in the right place, the timeline is off just for the day itself.

Furthermore, if it was a clock issue, it wouldn't work properly again, once shows were pushed from the same side of DST.

Comment

I have a frankensite that consists of three DSS servers, an SX-2000AR, two Alchemies, an IMS2000, and two IMS3000s, all looked after by a GDC TMS running under Windows 10. No problem was reported to me after the DST transition.

I'm wondering if it was a Windows thing: for some reason the Windows installation on that TMS did not update the operating system clock, after which some of the SMSes updated their schedules without help from the TMS, but for some reason the IMS3000s didn't?

Comment

Nah...all clocks were on the same time. The TMS updates its clock via NTP Pool. All SMS servers (also a collection of SR1000s, SX-2000AR and IMS3000) use the TMS as the reference. It is on Server 2008, however (it is a Dell blade server). GDC has pulled the server logs but no report, as of yet, as to the cause.

Comment

Working...
              X