DCC Re-marriage Issue with IMS3000 in NC1200C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCC Re-marriage Issue with IMS3000 in NC1200C

Hi film-tech, I've ran into an issue with an error in DCC when attempting re-marriage (after entering login ID and p/w) of a new IMS3000 (replacing a Doremi with show vault) I'm installing in an NEC NC1200C:

Failed in the openclose of the communication
    device.(192.168.100.52:43749)
    The connection environment might be experiencing technical
    difficulties,
    or you may need to adjust IP address settings.
    Please make sure that IP Address is spelled correctly.
    Error number: 5

FYI, this auditorium has only an unmanaged network switch with projector, server, sound processor, CCAP emitter -- later I'll also set up their server control laptop too. I've kept the new IMS' default IP, 192.168.100.50, and it's connected to the switch via ETH 0 jack).

Meanwhile the NEC's error codes following the installation of the new server are:
    (500) IMB Comm Fail(036507:Ack)
    (520) IMB:ICP Communications Status
    (582) IMB:Physical Marriage Tamper
    (583) IMB:Logical Marriage Tamper
    (584) IMB:Marriage NOT Active
    (586) IMB:Service Door Tamper​

Strangely error 586 isn't cleared by the service login on the keypad, and I've tried packing some foam in with the tamper switches to rule these out as culprit. Additionally, I've removed these tamper switches to test continuity between two of three contacts while open/closed and all seems ok...

I'm using DCC 6.0.0.0, tried fresh DCC reinstalls, verified no firewall is up, and tried with a backup PC. As far I've tried, all other communication via DCC operates just as normal, including successfully executing numerous power on/offs, as well as saving logs, and doing a full-auto update to current firmware release.

For what it's worth, there is long-unused NC-80LB01-B board in slot A, and I've maintained this as set as a NC-80DS in option slot settings, and have additionally led this projector though power ons to standby cycle with applying 'no board' for slot A and B and back to IMB or NC-80DS respectively. I gave reseating the ICP board a go as well...

I was grateful to get some of NEC's support engineers' advice for focusing my cleaning of LAN connections from the internal router to the mother PWB at the backplane of the card cage for when I return, given that the network difficultly appears to be isolated to the IMS' communication. Unfortunately, I don't have another like IMS to sub in during this moment, although I could yet try this IMS3000 in another NC1200C or NC3240S on site (or swap in another working Doremi server).

I'm wondering if any other film-tech-ers have seen something like this kind of DCC error before and could share their 2 cents...thanks!!!

Attached Files

My guess would be that you haven't created an entry for the projector in the Device Manager page of the IMS3000. For an older Series 2 NEC, the sequence is:
    1. Install IMS3000 into the option slot.
    2. In standby mode, set the option slot type to "no board."
    3. Boot up the proejctor (i.e. change from standby to card cage on), and clear the service door tamper. You should now have a green tail light.
    4. Put the projector back into standby mode.
    5. In standby mode, set the option slot type to "IMB."
    6. Boot up projector. Once done, the tail light should be red again.
    7. Create entry for the projector in the IMS3000's device manager, test, then save.
    8. Refresh the device manager page, and confirm that an entry for "Certainty" has appeared
    9. Marry the IMS3000 to the projector in DCC
    For newer Series 2 NECs (NC1000 onwards), there is an additional step 10, which is a further tamper clear specifically for the IMB option slot. You press the left and right arrows on the projector's keypad simultaneously until prompted for a code, and then enter that code (different from the codes that can be used to clear a service door tamper) and press enter. But I'm 99.9% sure that you don't need to do that with a 1200.

Comment

Leo, I did miss creating an entry in the IMS3000 device manager for it. Thank you!

Comment

You don't need to do that for the NC1200 (step 10). On NEC you do have a dual procedure for marriage tamper clears. You have to use a code (either advanced or service) to acknowledge a "person on site" wanted to clear the tamper (dumb DCI rule) and you have to use DCC to clear the marriage tamper using appropriate user/pw for the server you are clearing.

Comment

Unless the media block in question is a GDC, in which case you can just push the marry button on the server's VNC or web UI. But you need a password to get to it, so the gatekeeper effect is still there.

As for the "person on site" rule, Barco eventually saw sense and reduced it to the bare, legal minimum in the S, E, L, and Series 4 projectors: you simply push a single button. No physical (latch or Dallas) key is needed. I'm puzzled as to why they didn't replace the Dallas key reader with a button when they redesigned the Series 2 keypad.

Comment

Christie had the marriage button from day-1 (on S2 projectors). Barco had the silly Dallas Key. NEC always had the "code" that had to be entered locally. GDC's VNC doesn't negate someone on site because the VNC will be disabled when one gets to the marriage page. Now...on an SR-1000...well...that's another story.

And, if you have an NEC with an Enigma (Link Decryptor) still AND an IMB...you get to clear TWO marriages on each marriage tamper.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
              And, if you have an NEC with an Enigma (Link Decryptor) still AND an IMB...you get to clear TWO marriages on each marriage tamper.
              Damn, clearing not just one, but two marriages that have been tampered with... those NECs sure are some promiscuous machines... I bet that would ever happen on a Christie-an...

Sorry Steve, it was one of those days...

Comment

GDC uses the phrase "divorced" on its web UI to describe the presence of a logical marriage tamper, which always gives me a giggle.

Comment

Marcel, I bring it up because it has wasted a bunch of time. You do some work on a machine that once had an SDI server but now has an IMB...the LD is long forgotten...you do some work (or the client does)...you go to clear the tamper and everything looks right yet it remains with a marriage tamper.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                    Marcel, I bring it up because it has wasted a bunch of time. You do some work on a machine that once had an SDI server but now has an IMB...the LD is long forgotten...you do some work (or the client does)...you go to clear the tamper and everything looks right yet it remains with a marriage tamper.
                    If there is a LD and a IMB we just turn the Link decrytpter off

Comment

Gordon, do you remove it or try to tell the projector it is just the DVI board without the LD? I see to recall, at one point, it didn't accept the configuration if it saw the LD present on the board.

Comment

I just tell it it is just the DVI board and that has always worked. Also works on the christies as well I just unclick LD present

Comment

image.png

I can't remember which is which, but one of them (LB or DS) is the board with an Enigma card on it, and the other is the board without. If you have a deceased Enigma and want to get rid of the red tail light, change it to whatever is the other from whatever you find. You need to do this with the projector in standby mode.

Comment

Hi Leo,
                            Exactly what I do, if I have a dead enigma. The 80LB is SIB with Enigma, the 80DS SIB is without Enigma.

Cheers Fraser

Comment

Working...
                            X