DSS200 29 Feb Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSS200 29 Feb Bug

Today, I couldn't establish any FTP connection on my dss200 server. Even though it showed that the connection was established in the settings, the folders always appeared empty. However, other servers such as ims1000, 2000, 3000, or barco icmp could retrieve files from the FTP IP of dss200. I contacted Dolby Cinema support regarding this issue, and they mentioned that there is a bug occurring every 4 years on February 29th on the DSS servers. Has anyone else experienced any strangeness on their servers today or similar situations? This is really bizarre and caught me off guard!
    Attached Files

Yeah, that's a known issue, but should be fixed in later updates. What version from what year are you running?

Comment

I was servicing an 11-plex of DSS220s this morning, including replacing two of the drives in one of them and then doing a clean install of the software (4.9.6.4), After that was done, it connected to the (GDC) TMS and downloaded the content it needed without any problems or issues.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the bug was fixed in some 4.8.x release back in 2016, when most users were confronted with this particular date bug, so 4.9.x should be safe.

Comment

Yes: it was solved with 4.8.8.3, released February 2016

Comment

Working...
          X