No announcement yet.

Barco SP2K-9S - CCB error - „Unable to read software version for CCB router”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco SP2K-9S - CCB error - „Unable to read software version for CCB router”

Hello,

Recently, an error appeared on a Barco SP2K-9S with ICMP-X: „Unable to read software version for CCB router”. First we rebooted ICMP, the error disappeared, but then it appeared again. Now rebooting ICMP won't resolve the error. All DCPs are playable, the only thing that actually doesn't work, as for now, we cannot put the projector in „Eco mode”. Is there anyone who had the same issue on a Barco SP2K? Do you know a workaround for this error?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Attached a photo with the error.
    Barco SP2K-9S.jpg

Pull the CCB, clean the contacts, reseat it, and (after clearing the tamper, obviously), reflash the current software/firmware bundle. My experience is that this will fix it in about 70-80% of cases. If it won't, you need a new CCB.

Comment

Have you tried to completely reboot the whole projector? That is: pull the plug/flip the fuse, power it up again.
      what software version is in there?

Comment

I've seen this fault happen several times among my customers. Power cycling could make the error message go away for a few hours or days, but without pulling and reseating the board, it'll be back.

If the site is a significant distance away, the end user does not feel confident doing this him/herself, and the projector is still in warranty, I'll have Barco/Cinionic ship a new CCB in advance of the service call, but leave it sealed and then RMA it if the pulling and reseating fixes the existing one. That hedges against the need for a second service call if it doesn't.

Comment

I've seen it once on another model (SP4K)...as Leo says...reseat the CCB (top board and does not physically interlock like the lower-two do) seems to fix it proper.

Comment

So, after a firmware update the error did not disappear. Pulling, cleaning the contacts and reseating the board apparently resolved the issue. Thanks for your kind help!

Comment

Very good to hear that you didn't need a CCB. Even if your projector is in warranty and you are confident to do the swapout yourself, waiting for one to ship would have been a pain.

Comment

Working...
              X