Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by step configuration of IMS3000 ftp server on content feed manager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by step configuration of IMS3000 ftp server on content feed manager.

First of all, I apologize for my English and my ignorance in the area, since the previous projectionist resigned, I took his place.

We had an ftp server controlled by Filezilla installed on a computer with 2 external drives where we downloaded and then ingested DCPs and KDMs to IMS3000, but after his resignation​ I can't access it because I don't know the password and he won't give it to me.
    (This obliges me to ingest from an external drive and I'am affraid that our USB 3.0 ports one day stop working making our new projector useless)

Is there any way to change that password?

If not, could you please help me configure a new ftp server on content feed manager?

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
    Bruno Tavares

What about this page?

Comment

Will try this today if possible!
      Thank you.

Comment

Just tried the two steps above with no results.
        The FileZilla Client - Recover lost passwords for sites didn't returned any results.
        The FileZilla Server - Administrator Password reset for server kept asking for a password.
        Tried inserting a new one but with no results.

​

Could you help me to reinstall a filezilla ftp server?

Comment

I can't access it because I don't know the password and he won't give it to me.
          There should be steps you can take to "encourage" him to turn over the passwords that you need. Maybe withholding his final paycheque?

Comment

I wish we had done that but this was months ago.

Comment

This computer acting as the server a windows machine or other? Assuming you have machine level administrator or root access, just uninstall filezilla server and reinstall it, should prompt you for all the setup stuff again.

If a linux machine, you may have to rename any filezilla server config files before the reinstall too or it may inherit things like access control.

If you are concerned about content on the drives, just make sure they are not mounted during this process, but it should not impact them either way.

If your organization has a Systems IT type person they should be able to help you with any and all of this.

Comment

Alternatively, if this is a Windows PC, you could use the FTP server functionality built in to Windows, if Filezilla server cannot be persuaded to work. Attached is an incomplete cheat sheet for setting it up. I Ikeep meaning to finish it, but never have the time. The WIndows built in server will allow configuration such that an anonymous login from the client for read only is possible, which makes an end run around the need for a password.
                Attached Files

Comment

It's like a cliffhanger!

Comment

Does Stallone play the part of the Sys Admin or the Evil Ex-Employee?

Comment

Working...
                    X