Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bulbs in NEC1200 and NEC2000 Question

Hello,

I replaced the bulbs in each of my projectors NEC1200 and NEC2000 with new LTI lamps (3000w and 2000w). I ran through the prompts on the screen for adding a new bulb. Does anyone know if that resets the bulb hours? If it does not reset them does anyone know how to reset bulb hours on these projectors? Thank you!

Your lamp should have come with a certificate code sheet in it, like this one (with an Ushio lamp):

image.png

In Communicator, push the "Cert Code" button to enter the code, as so:

image.png

After entering the code, the software should automatically complete all the details of the lamp type and its warranty life, and reset the hours; and you're good to go.

If your LTI lamp does not come with a certificate sheet and you don't see a listing for your LTI model already in the software, you'll have to create one, by editing an empty record in the Bulb Entry list, based on the specifications of your LTI lamp:

image.png

But once you select it, the hours used should reset. I can't remember if it's zero or you can enter a figure during the selection process. Didn't want to try it on the projector I was connecting to remotely to get these screenshots, in case I accidentally changed the hours burned on the bulb that is in it.

Comment

In a sick sense of humor...one HAS to omit the hyphens when transferring that Cert Code.

One can omit the Cert Code and just select the make/model from the list. Also note, the serial number via the Cert Code will NOT match the number stamped on the lamp...because why would it?

Comment

Forgot about the hyphens - sorry.

If the make and model is not on the list (which it might well not be if the projector is not on the current firmware bundle and DCC version), it'll have to be created by editing an empty list entry as described above. On the projector from which I took the screenshots above (which is current: it's an NC3240 on 4.320 and DCC 6.0.0.0), only Ushio and Osram models appear to be baked in to the software. If that is also the case with Mike's projectors, and if his LTI lamps didn't come with a certificate code sheet, he'll likely have to create entries for them.

Comment

Hey Leo thanks for the response. You have been very helpful since I started as a member on these forums. I appreciate that. How exactly do I get to that communicator screen you have in your screenshot? Once again newbie here.

Comment

If you are using the projector's web UI, it only allows you to do the very basics, and that does not include telling it that you've installed a new lamp. To do that, you need the NEC Digital Cinema Communicator app (for Series 2; current version is 6.0.0.0). You could try emailing sndsa-cinemasupport [at] sharpusa.com and asking them for it, but they may take the line that they're only willing to give it to trained service techs. If so, I would suggest asking the vendor that you use regularly for your projectors' planned maintenance.

Incidentally, thanks for supporting a local business with your choice of LTI lamps! They are made in Baldwin Park, CA, about 40 miles from me, and I occasionally service the NEC they use for quality control checks. They very kindly once gave me a tour of their manufacturing facility: seeing with one's own eyes what goes in to making xenon arc lamps explains immediately why they are so pricey.

Comment

You should really go through an NEC training course before you use DCC. The only place you will be given the passwords is in class. Since we sign non-disclosure agreements with most manufacturers, they can not be given out here. And yes, lamp change can be done through the side panel display. However, it's so awkward that you may not know if it's been done right or wrong. DCC is the best way and the safest.

Comment

Thanks again Leo. Im working on self teaching myself with some help from a tech I met. I changed the bulbs and updated everything on the UI sa far as bulb change goes. Another used here gave me a link to a helpful youtube video for swapping bulbs. The LTI is a nice bulb at a reasonable cost. Hoping they last a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen
                  You should really go through an NEC training course before you use DCC. The only place you will be given the passwords is in class. Since we sign non-disclosure agreements with most manufacturers, they can not be given out here.
                  DCC in user mode or advanced mode if the end user is trained and competent to do lamp changes (advanced mode allows new bulb info to be entered in addition to user mode functions, but nothing else) should be OK. In user mode, DCC will not allow you to do anything that can cause damage to the projector or a safety hazard, and in advanced mode the only risk is of entering the wrong lamp information. When I install or service NEC projectors I am happy to give end users a copy of the DCC software (or to update them to the current version, if they already have it), but I will not provide passwords for any of the modes above user unless I am confident that the person I'm giving them to knows what they are doing at the appropriate level.

Comment

Fingers crossed Leo!

Comment

Working...
                    X