Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp on when powering up NEC1200C Projector

Hello,

Recently, when I power on my NEC 1200C projector, the lamp automatically turns on as well. The lamp never turned on when I powered on the unit before? I then have to manually turn off the lamp, so it doesn't stay on extra time before the show starts. There are no errors that I see on the projector. Is there a way that I can fix this so the lamp doesn't turn on when I power on the projector? Thanks!

The short answer is "Yes" - you can set the NEC so that the lamp doesn't come on when you power it up.
    I don't know why, but I've had NEC's occasionally switch to the "lamp on" mode on power up.
    The bad news is that it's been a long time since I've had to do this, but I know there is an item in
    one of the 'setup' or 'configuration' menus which will allow you to toggle the 'auto lamp on' function.
    I've only done it using the buttons on the side of the projector. I don't know if it can be done from the
    communicator software. I also seem to recall that you had to make this change while the projector
    is in the standby mode. I'm sure someone else here can give you the exact procedure, but it's real
    easy to do once you know where to find the correct menu option.

< EDIT> If you have the NEC communicator software, then try this: ( i recall doing it this way)
    http://tinyurl.com/2p8du68x
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 01-21-2024, 09:25 AM.

Comment

A common occurrence with NEC. Someone presses the lamp button before powering on the projector...that changes it from Lamp Off to Lamp On. Then they press the power button (since the projector didn't come on, and the projector comes up and immediately turns the lamp on. It stays that way until the procedure is reversed.

While the projector is in Stand By, ...the LCD screen will say Stand By and below that Lamp On. Press the LAMP button and it will change to Lamp Off. At that point, turning on the projector will leave the lamp off.

Comment

Thanks for both of your replies. I will see if I can switch it. I am slowly learning these projectors.

Comment

Believe it or not it is actually a feature. In situations where you want it to react like a standard data projector, Multi purpose rooms, I have a few set up like this, especially when controlled by a 3rd party controller. (Crestron etc.)

They can also get into this situation where the projector is turned off without turning off the lamp first. The projector then remembers this and then turns the lamp on when powered up.
          Steve, I wasn't aware it could be cleared via the side panel. I always sort this via DCC. Always learning.

Comment

It is the side panel where it gets its mode changed the most...normally by accident.

Comment

The nice feature is that when you first flip the breaker to apply power to put the projector in standby, it actually shows on the display which mode the lamp is in. It will say either lamp on, or lamp off. So if someone else the day before your shift pushed the Lamp switch thinking they were pushing the On switch when booting up, you'll know before you boot the projector. Part of the training I did for new customers on NEC's was to recognize the lamp mode before boot up. Weather they passed that along to the new booth monkeys is unknown, but I reccomended they do that. Since the phone calls and texts stopped as to why is my lamp is always on, it appears they did.

Comment

Hey thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was able to fix it pretty quickly. I think some of you are right. It was probably done by accident. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X