Deluxe Certificate Expiration - Unable to Verify Content error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe Certificate Expiration - Unable to Verify Content error

After several phone calls today (12/31/23) from clients unable to run content, I have spoken with Deluxe. There is a problem with a certificate Deluxe uses to create content, both protected (with KDM) and unprotected (without KDM). This causes the content to appear invalid to a server. From what I could research, this issue is affecting Christie IMB-S2 servers, some GDC servers, and some Sony servers.

On the Christie servers, any attempt to run any content from Deluxe returns a Unable to Verify Content error. I suspect the GDC and Sony servers will also show a similar message. According to Christie, they have a workaround that involves updating the IMB-S2 to version 1.8.11. I have confirmed this with a location running a Christie IMB-S2. It resolved their issue.

Our GDC clients have not experienced any that I am aware of and I am awaiting an update from Deluxe.

We have no clients running Sony, so I cannot comment as to the severity of the issue.

My info is that Deluxe is working on some sort of patch that will fix the issue on Sony servers.
    It could be something as simple as a special VF, and a new KDM, but at this point I still have
    no time estimate of when they will release 'the fix'. In worst case they might have to re-master
    and re-transmit an entirely new DCP version- which would take many hours for DCDC to
    distribute and re-ingest. (So, for all I know, we could be shut down again all day tomorrow)

Comment

That happened to us on December 30 with the movie Wonka.
      The imb Christie no longer wanted to play that movie.

Christie sent me an IMB update that fixed the issue. (1.8.11(4) )

I have a GDC server model SX2000AR that shows me a problem with a signature failure but it is letting me play the content. I wonder if it is related to the 2024 bug​
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

@Miguel: I'm having the same issue with our GDC SX-3000 throwing the signature failure. It came up on Wonka last weekend but it played fine. Ingesting Aquaman 2 now and it gave the same error. Several other neighboring theaters are seeing similar issues (no clue on their hardware setup).

Comment

Working...
        X