Barco DP2k-20C LPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco DP2k-20C LPS

Hello high tech people, need some advice..is there any way to test Any of the two xenon lamp power supply OUT side the projector? Does any one have LPS control input pin configuration? In order to trigger it and load it with 2k or 4k lamp outside the projector...I have the service manual but its not mentioning any about control input pin configuration ... of course the reason for that is the LPS is under repair in a remote place away from the cinema beside that we need to confirm that the repair is ok before inserting it in the projector...

Bon c'est impossible de tester ailleurs mais j ai deux bloc lps

Comment

You'd need to be able to send it the command to output full current in order to measure its output and, as you point out, you need to know not only the data connector pin configuration, but what those commands are and how they are sent. None of this info is in the service manual, as you've discovered. So, as Touati points out, the answer to that question is no, short of a major reverse engineering project.

I'm guessing that the repair is an unofficial one, not done by Barco/Cinionic, and you want to be sure that the LPS is not going to damage your lamp, and/or anything else in the projector, before putting it back into service. I'm sorry, but the only way I can think of to do that would be to install it in a retired C-series projector that is being used in your shop exclusively for diagnostic work, and see what happens. If you don't have one, your only option appears to be to take the risk of reinstalling the unofficially repaired LPS into a production machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
        You'd need to be able to send it the command to output full current in order to measure its output and, as you point out, you need to know not only the data connector pin configuration, but what those commands are and how they are sent. None of this info is in the service manual, as you've discovered. So, as Touati points out, the answer to that question is no, short of a major reverse engineering project.

I'm guessing that the repair is an unofficial one, not done by Barco/Cinionic, and you want to be sure that the LPS is not going to damage your lamp, and/or anything else in the projector, before putting it back into service. I'm sorry, but the only way I can think of to do that would be to install it in a retired C-series projector that is being used in your shop exclusively for diagnostic work, and see what happens. If you don't have one, your only option appears to be to take the risk of reinstalling the unofficially repaired LPS into a production machine.
        Thanks Leo for taking the time to reply on me .. unfortunately we don't have any retired one ? ..so this leave us to test it online hopefully everything will go well...thanks again

Comment

I have fix some LPS, also back from series 1 also. Anyway, there is no "classic" pinout with logic start lps, stop, etc.... That connector is actually I2C communication between projector controller board and LPS. I did wand, but newer end by trying to figure out connection and make "dummy" controller for testing, as 90% problems were in bad PFC part of LPS.

Comment

The LPS is RS232, not I2C. The pinout is in the service manual (look at the block diagrams). However, the command structure isn't there. Now, if you wanted to be investigative, you could get something like a Kramer VP14 and create a party line (or perhaps the output connector always duplicates the commands) and then see what it is asking and see what the responses are to mimic.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
              The LPS is RS232, not I2C. The pinout is in the service manual (look at the block diagrams). However, the command structure isn't there. Now, if you wanted to be investigative, you could get something like a Kramer VP14 and create a party line (or perhaps the output connector always duplicates the commands) and then see what it is asking and see what the responses are to mimic.
              Thanks Steve for the info ...but i already looked at the S manual and the pin configuration is looking into the command module and GPINT and GPout ..but nothing there in the side of the LPS , i will tray the RS method ..Thanks dear

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                Yes, my bad. I was refering to series 1. As for RS232 one could just use usb to serial converter with some software for comm and hook up to comm out side and see what'as are they "talking".

Comment

Working...
                X