Christie TPC OS flash cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie TPC OS flash cards

We have several Christie PC2210 and Solaria one. The 2210 have a windows install on the TPC card but when one of the Solaria TPC were connected to a 2210 it booted with a Linux still log in screen and saying it is Percussion OS. What is this OS? These Solaria's will be having the Christie IMB scrapped and replaced with SX3000s and nothing in Instructions has anything about the TPC OS.
    Also the Christie parts list doesnt have a different TPC with the different models only the two versions that support different flash drives
    So will the regular windows TPC drive a Solaria with a GDC IMS

The TPC runs on Windows XP. Percussion OS is what the projector runs on. The current version of the OS for the projector is 4.8.1 and it can handle the Christie, GDC or Dolby IMB's. There's a setting in one of the setup menus that you would tell it what IMB its using.

There is a Christie tech bulletin that describes how to control a GDC SX/SR server through the TPC but its a hack. Remember that the TPC is a Win XP machine so it would handle a VNC connection but I don't suggest it. We have always controlled the retrofitted GDC/Dolby servers through an external PC with a VNC or browser connection.

Comment

Has it happened to anyone that the touch panel does not turn on with the projector?
      It happens to me on at least 3 projectors and for them to start I have to disconnect and reconnect the touch panel.
      What do you think that might be?​

Comment

I just went through this...check/change the standby power supply. It is a 24V 60W supply. It powers the PIB, Environmental Board and the TPC...however, the TPC and PIB can show up a failing Standby supply. Changing that supply got a CP2220 that was needing multiple power cycles to start behaving.

Comment

If you have problems only with the TPC, I would check and replace the BR2032 on the TPC motherboard (Christie indicates to replace this battery every 5 years)
          Be careful replacing the battery because the holder could be easily damaged, and consider that sometimes an usb keybord is needed to press F1 during boot after battery swap.

Comment

Working...
          X