Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
    <edited> ". . . we had a portable stage which extended 6 or 8
    feet out from the existing stage in front of the curtain/screen. It took about an hour to set up &
    break down, once you got the hang of it, and there was just enough space to store it behind
    the screen when not in use. . . . . . we would also sometimes take out the first row of seats.."
    I couldn't find a photo of the portable stage we used to set up at one venue to extend the existing stage
    out about 6 or 8 feet for special events, but I did find the pix below of the identical type of portable stage
    that we used at another venue where I sometimes worked. ( I get around! ) - - This auditorium had NO
    stage, so when we needed one, this one got set up in front of the screen. We had enough to pretty
    much cover the entire width of the screen, but in practice, we'd only set up enough of it as was
    necessary for the nature of the event. These pix show it set up for an event where some young film
    makers were going to come up and accept an award for their work, so we didn't need alotta space.
    We did take out the middle portion of the first row of seats. When not in use, the platforms got packed
    in several large road-style cases with wheels, which were stored under the emergency exit staircase.
    (yes- - we still passed fire inspection!)​

Stage_1.jpg

Stage_2.jpg

Stage_3.jpg

(This venue also had a full curtain, which, we would close to protect the screen if we just had a musical
    group or some guest panel discussion which didn't require any projectionstuf
    f)
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 11-14-2023, 08:56 AM. Reason: Too Much Coffee !

Comment

How does that reflective yellow safety tape look when the film is running?

Before you start spending money on a stage that people have to access to use, check on the ADA requirements. A wheelchair lift is expensive and ramps can be impractical.

A portable stage may get you around the ADA as it is not a permanent part of the building.
      Last edited by Martin McCaffery; 11-14-2023, 10:48 AM. Reason: Added comment about ADA

Comment

Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post
        How does that reflective yellow safety tape look when the film is running?.
        Although the tape was bright yellow to mark the end of the stage and stairs, I don't really
        recall it as being very reflective, or being a problem during projection. Nor am I an expert
        on ADA requirements. I did do a job at a convention center once which used a stage like
        this, and one of the main speakers had mobility issues. There was some company that
        had to come and put in a temporary lift. I know it cost a couple of thousand dollars, to
        put in & take out, which was billed to the event producer. ( But the budget on this particular
        show was somewhere between 30-50 thousand dollars, so they didn't flinch on the extra cos
        t)
        Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 11-14-2023, 12:38 PM. Reason: To Remove Some Redundant Redundancy

Comment

If you decide to get rid of the Altecs, they might be worth money to some audio guys.
          I picked A4, but YMMV.
          https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=altec+a4

Comment

Working...
          X