Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMS1000 Intermission cue bug

Hello everyone,

I am using version 2.6.52 on my IMS1000 server. When I give an intermission during a movie, the cues get mixed up. I select the movie and add the intermission show. Inside the intermission show, there is an 8-minute video with a cue to turn on the lights at the beginning and turn off the lights at the end. When playing it after preparation, it applies the projector lamp off cue at the end of the first half. What should I do?​

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I believe this bug causes all the cues at the end of the film to be run (which is why your lamp is going off). If you put a 1 second of black clip at the end of the show and then attach all your 'End Of Film' cues to that it should solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Jones View Post
      I believe this bug causes all the cues at the end of the film to be run (which is why your lamp is going off). If you put a 1 second of black clip at the end of the show and then attach all your 'End Of Film' cues to that it should solve your problem.
      There is no such issue with IMS2000s. I want the projector lamp to be turned off about 5-6 minutes before the end of the movie. In other words, I want the lamp to be turned off during the credits.

Comment

There are two options to attach cues to the end of a CPL - reference TC from the start of the CPL, or, reference TC from the end of the CPL (backwards). As far as I can guess from your screenshots, you use the first method. Try referencing LampOff from the end backwards, and see if that makes a difference. I also find it very unusual to routinely (=automatically) switch off a lamp before the CPL ends playing. No problem to do that manually when facing an empty auditorium, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
          There are two options to attach cues to the end of a CPL - reference TC from the start of the CPL, or, reference TC from the end of the CPL (backwards). As far as I can guess from your screenshots, you use the first method. Try referencing LampOff from the end backwards, and see if that makes a difference. I also find it very unusual to routinely (=automatically) switch off a lamp before the CPL ends playing. No problem to do that manually when facing an empty auditorium, of course.
          The issue isn't just with turning off the projector lamp. When I try to turn on the lights in the auditorium, it doesn't work. I've tried all possible combinations. If I add a cue for the time after the intermission, the player adds it to the end of the first half of the movie. It doesn't add any cue to the second part of the film. Is this issue unique to me? Has anyone else using IMS1000 experienced this problem? Should I seek support from Dolby?

Comment

You triggered the karma watchdog in the device: You should show movies in their full length, that includes the credits.

But yeah, what you've described sounds like a bug, worthy of a Dolby support ticket.

Comment

Working...
            X