Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP-90MS02 to Christie Solaria One

Hello everyone,

I own an NP-90MS02 model server, and I want to connect it to my Christie Solaria One model projector. However, I can't select any projector model other than NEC from the Device Manager. This server is essentially the same as IMS2000, with the only difference being that it says NP-90MS02 web ui. There seems to be a software restriction here. Can't we resolve this projector model restriction by installing the original IMS2000 software? How can I connect it to the Christie projector?​

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

You may be able to override the vendor-lock by installing the vanilla IMS2000 distribution, but keep in mind that this comes without any waranty and may brick the device. There is, afaik, no vendor-approved way to "unlock" this IMS2000, so bewafe of the potential risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
      You may be able to override the vendor-lock by installing the vanilla IMS2000 distribution, but keep in mind that this comes without any waranty and may brick the device. There is, afaik, no vendor-approved way to "unlock" this IMS2000, so bewafe of the potential risks.
      I've previously installed version 2.8.52, which was released for IMS2000, on my NP-90MS02 model. There were no issues, and the version was updated. However, the file you mentioned seems to be another update file. This process seems quite risky. It seems like a mistake to do it without seeing someone who has done this procedure before.

I'm afraid it's not worth taking the risk if there's a chance the server could become a brick, and I won't be able to use it again, right?

Comment

So after installing 2.8.52, the choice of projector was still locked down to NEC? If so, then I would guess that either those menu options are defined in a configuration file somewhere, that you may be able to find and edit (or copy from an IMS2000), or they are defined in the media block's firmware or security manager, in which case you'd have to try flashing the IMS2000 versions of those, with all the risk that implies.

Comment

I installed the latest version of the security manager for IMS2000, but there was no change. How can I copy from IMS2000? Is it possible to access the server's folders and delete or modify them? Also, I don't know which file contains the projector lists. I guess the only solution might be to install the main software file, but I don't know where to find it! ?

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
          So after installing 2.8.52, the choice
          of projector was still locked down to NEC? If so, then I would guess that either those menu options are defined in a configuration file somewhere, that you may be able to find and edit (or copy from an IMS2000), or they are defined in the media block's firmware or security manager, in which case you'd have to try flashing the IMS2000 versions of those, with all the risk that implies.

Comment

It is possible to gain access to the operating system file structure using a FTP client, download configuration files, edit them, and re-upload them. However, I don't feel comfortable posting any more information about that on a public website, because it really would be possible to brick your IMS by doing so. And as I wrote earlier, if the configuration file which determines the options in that menu is in the media block as distinct from the boot flash drive on the motherboard, you won't be able to get to it by this method.

Comment

I was told when they were introducing the IMS1000 that it was locked down to NEC projectors as part of the deal with DOREMI to house brand it and attempting to load the DOLBY IMS1000 on it would brick it
              dont know if that is the case with the IMS200 but suspect it is

Comment

I once successfully replaced NP-90MS02 OS SSD with vanilla IMS2000 one sourced from Dolby (in NC1000) - everything works perfectly since then. I believe it would be quite safe to try clean/unbranded OS to boot from USB stick (but you'd need to remove the internal SSD first I believe).

Comment

Flipping the NP-90MS02 to IMS2000 software might work, but it's risky business and could brick your server if it goes sideways. Have you tried direct RS-232 or network connections for the Christie?

Comment

To be able to perform the Marriage process, Christie needs to detect the server. When I connect the NP-90MS02 server to Christie, it receives power and the lights turn on, but it perceives it as if the projector server is not connected. The same thing happens when I connect the normal Dolby IMS2000. However, when I select the Christie projector model from the device manager section, it immediately detects it, and the marriage can be performed.

Originally posted by Jason Speers View Post
                    Flipping the NP-90MS02 to IMS2000 software might work, but it's risky business and could brick your server if it goes sideways. Have you tried direct RS-232 or network connections for the Christie?
                    Last edited by Eyüphan Kundakcı; 11-08-2023, 02:46 AM.

Comment

While reviewing the logs, I've discovered something. On the left, there are logs related to the Nec server, and on the right, there are logs for the IMS2000 server. Both servers have the exact same package files installed. On the Nec server, the ims2000webtheme_dolby,1.0.2 package was installed first, followed by the webtheme_nec,1.0.8.pkg file. I believe the latest Nec package file has imposed some restrictions on the projector list. Can we bring it back by installing the ims2000 webtheme pkg file?
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

One possible way to find out would be to boot the NEC-badged IMS2000 with a USB emergency boot flash drive for an actual IMS2000, preferably after disconnecting the one on the motherboard. That would have the potential advantage that you wouldn't be touching anything on the permanent drive, and could therefore presumably roll back if anything doesn't work as it should with the unit booted from the USB. However, if there is bespoke NEC-specific code in the media block's SM or firmware that has a bad reaction to interacting with the IMS2000-configured operating system, there could be trouble. But if successful, the next step could be to get a motherboard header to USB cable, and then, using a PC, flash the permanent drive with the IMS2000 boot flash image that Dolby provides.
                        Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 11-08-2023, 06:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

"Look what I found Do you think making the 'false' setting 'true' and uploading it to the server would work?"
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maybe look at that file in an emergency boot flash USB for an IMS2000, and identify the differences?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
                              Maybe look at that file in an emergency boot flash USB for an IMS2000, and identify the differences?
                              I don’t have a emergency boot files and main software package files. This is a only webui pkg file.

Comment

Working...
                              X