Unable to connect from ALCHEMY to an external FTP - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post

All the GDC servers will connect to Filezilla, including the SX-3000... That's what GDC uses in their TMS to do the transfering. I realize you don't use their TMS though....
    Yes but they only can FTP on the internal network not connect to content outside the theatres internal network

Comment

Gordon, isn't that usual, having servers transferring "data" (DCPs) through a dedicated network, as opposed to the "control" one?

I suppose that, if a server has on its FTP settings an IP (or a domain name) and a port for FTP, and then a gateway to the world wide web on that NIC/network adapter, it would work just as well. Wouldn't it?

I am not sure whether you are referring to the servers or the TMS. But my guess is that data network is utilized for FTP transfers as well. And if one of the two (or more) networks was to connect to WWW, it would rather be the control (or... IPMI/iDRAC/iLO, maybe).

I have zero experience with GDC, so this is to be considered mostly as a question. Not as a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon McLeod View Post

Yes but they only can FTP on the internal network not connect to content outside the theatres internal network
        True, if its a live feed. But satellite download at each site works fine, as does transfering content from the site's catch server to a GDC TMS, or directly from a catch server to a GDC server.

Comment

But as I have said the SX2000 and SX2000AR as well as DOREMI IMB and Qube allow for the media network and the clock to connect to the internet directly. Often we need to transfer content from either the home office server for content we generate or from another location since these are all twins or single location there will never be a TMS installed as that is redundant

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon McLeod View Post
            But as I have said the SX2000 and SX2000AR as well as DOREMI IMB and Qube allow for the media network and the clock to connect to the internet directly. Often we need to transfer content from either the home office server for content we generate or from another location since these are all twins or single location there will never be a TMS installed as that is redundant
            What does GDC say? I'd bet they have some sort of adaptable solution. All the singles except for one, and all twins and triple screens had TMS's... but they were just a workstation, not a full blown rack. They rarely transfered content except once in a blue moon, and sust between rooms. They were there mainly for use as a full remote, both local when the theater was running, and if the Owner or Manager wanted to do schedules without coming in. I had one owner that constantly went on cruises and he'd remote in from the middle of the ocean somewhere. Everyone that got external content was via satellite. I know Qube still exists, but not sure why except to supply the market in India.

Comment

Well they have admitted it was a bug but after a year still no fix. It is a unnecessary expense to have to provide a TMS license in a single screen. We have 23 aging non AR GDC and old DSS 100s scheduled for replacement this year and it will not be GDC if there isnt a fix

Comment

Working...
              X