Barco S4 1.7.11 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco S4 1.7.11 released

The key changes since the last official release (1.7.8). It seems to mostly target ICMP issues but the unreleased 1.7.10 works with the stop-gap projectors SP4K-15B/20B/25B and macro blank/deblank. I'm wondering if that might help with some of the no-image issues that can crop up, particularly on 1st shows of the day.

:

1.1 Version 1.7.11 (Service release)

Bug fixes:
    • • ICMP: Improve content database management and recovery.
    • • ICMP: Improve subtitles error detection and handling during selection in the player.
    • • ICMP: Remove obsolete monitoring to reduce load on the audio processor.

1.2 Version 1.7.10 (Service release)

Bug fixes:
    • • Add support of Red laser plates R8797313 & R8797312 for SP4K-15B/20B/25B
    • • Improve macro execution and report notifications if blanking/deblanking commands are not executed (C0052 & C0053)

The s4 software version has been updated frequently recently

Comment

I also wonder if "reduce load on the audio processor" will address the occasional audible clicks when an ICMP-X is sending AES to a CP950; though a CP950 update a few months ago appeared to have fixed that.

Comment

I had an interesting issue with a brand new SP4K/ICMP-X running 1.7.11 this week. After installation I showed the staff how to use the ICMP and the differences from their retired DSS200.
        All shows started with two home cooked DCP ads. They were ingested from the DSS200/generatedPackages over FTP (with a lot of other clips). The two ads looked valid and played fine. But after reboot (or wake up from eco mode) these two ads were gone from the playlists in show editor.
        OK, my bad I thought. I must have missed "save" somehow. So we added the ads again. And hit "save". Several times.
        That night all shows played these ads twice. And the next morning they were gone from all playlists in the editor again. But they do show up on screen when the playlists are played. Twice.
        I do not know who made these DCP:s, but they did not show any mysterious ghost behavior in the old DSS200.
        Anyone seen this happen in ICMP:s recently?
        I will make a case at Barco/Cinionic and send them logs plus these ghost ads.
        /M.E.

Comment

This does not happen in an ICMP (no X) running 1.4.4.6
          Same clip.
          EDIT: It seems like clips flagged as ADV are affected. If I flag them as TLR they remain visible in show editor after reboot.
          ​​​​
          Last edited by Magnus Eriksson; 09-28-2023, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
            The key changes since the last official release (1.7.8). It seems to mostly target ICMP issues but the unreleased 1.7.10 works with the stop-gap projectors SP4K-15B/20B/25B and macro blank/deblank. I'm wondering if that might help with some of the no-image issues that can crop up, particularly on 1st shows of the day.

:

1.1 Version 1.7.11 (Service release)

Bug fixes:
            • • ICMP: Improve content database management and recovery.
            • • ICMP: Improve subtitles error detection and handling during selection in the player.
            • • ICMP: Remove obsolete monitoring to reduce load on the audio processor.

1.2 Version 1.7.10 (Service release)

Bug fixes:
            • • Add support of Red laser plates R8797313 & R8797312 for SP4K-15B/20B/25B
            • • Improve macro execution and report notifications if blanking/deblanking commands are not executed (C0052 & C0053)
            Seems like what I highlighted is a disaster waiting to happen on older installs...unless I am misunderstanding what type of monitoring they removed...

Comment

It looks like 1.7.12 (just came out) is a bug fix for 1.7.11, with respect to the ICMP:

1.1 Version 1.7.12 (Service release) Bug fixes:
              • ICMP: Update internal webserver to prevent ICMP disconnection.
              • ICMP: Improve reliability of the video mezzanine firmware (handling the live stream events) preventing the board to get corrupted.
              • ICMP: New 2K / 4K convergence test patterns added for SPXK-XX MKII projectors.
              • ICMP: Fix an issue where KDMs are deleted from the database after an ICMP reboot.
              Known issues:
              • ICMP: HDR formats are not supported over HDMI.​

Comment

ICMP: HDR formats are not supported over HDMI.​
                So you pay four figures for the optional HDMI HDR license, install this new firmware version, and then it stops working?! My customers in post houses and screening rooms that have bought the license would have loved that if I'd installed this update. Thanks, Steve, for the heads up.

Comment

"My" bug with the ads becoming invisible in show editor remains in 1.7.12
                  But it seems like this bug only appears in Chrome. In Edge and the old Commander app ads are visible.
                  The computer is running Win11.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Well, in that case, I would troubleshoot the browser.
                    Either check for updates, delete cookies, or press either F5, or Ctr+F5 to refresh the connection.
                    I would also check for invalid characters on the CPL names. Ads are often home made and the odd character might work on one server but not on another.
                    [I once had a DCP made from Premiere that had the character "í" (pay attention to the acute accent, instead of the dot).
                    It really brought down a Cat.745 media block.]

The case deserves its own thread, since it is unique and doesn't seem directly relevant to the 1.7.11.

Comment

Both I and Cinionic/Barco have tried to replicate this. No success. So yes, it is something in this particular Chrome browser on this computer.
                      I installed Chrome myself (I normally activate the remote desktop for the staff onsite). Right out of the box with no particular settings or extras. Like I have done a hundred times before.
                      The CPL is not causing this, same clip appears normally on other sites. But every clip flagged as Ad becomes a ghost. But only in Chrome on that particular booth computer.
                      Beats me ​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X