SP4K Barco (Marco Time Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP4K Barco (Marco Time Out

I have 4 sites had an Issue with Macro Time out(4 of them in less than 20 hours, I cant call the macro screen will be missing the subtitle.
    I have to reboot the projector to solve the issue

All the projectors firmware 1.7.8

Did any one faced the same Issue? In my thoughts it's firmware Issue
    Attached Files

While it could be, you could help more if you shared with us some more info, other than the errors:
    What are those steps of the macros that fail?

When you write that you think it's a firmware issue, what makes you believe that? Did you just upgraded on those four (or more) sites?
    All errors are on the "Flat" macro. What happens when you call the "Scope" macro, or any other? The same? Did you check the differences between the steps of the two?

Are those SP4Ks with ICMP everywhere? (That's probably a "yes".)
    Did you start from zero, initially, on installation, or did you use a clone or imported settings and worked from there?
    As mentioned elsewhere, do you use a TMS on those sites? Which one?
    Do you know what software version you upgraded from, on those devices?

The questions could be many. I would, at first, check that macro's steps, verify that are valid and compare with other macros.

Again, if you share more info, you will get more feedback.

(Edit: if you can, change the title and "Marco" to "Macro". It might help someone else that is searching for the same thing.)

Comment

When I read the original fault description, I thought it a puzzler that the fault presents in multiple projectors in multiple sites, but that no-one else has reported any 1.7.8 bugs (after all, we've pounced on bugs in earlier SP2K/4K firmwares).

But thinking about this a bit more, I wonder if Abdulaziz installed one projector with a bug in the configuration (maybe the flat macro recalls, say, a lens position or MCGD file that doesn't exist), saved a clone from it, and then replicated that clone to other projectors in order to have consistent macro names across a site and chain, but then adjusting the individual files within the clone for each individual projector. That would explain why he's seeing the same error in multiple projectors, but it's not caused by a firmware bug.

Comment

What are those steps of the macros that fail? see the attachment (fris failure is the ICMP-X)

When you write that you think it's a firmware issue, what makes you believe that? Did you just upgraded on those four (or more) sites? we have upgraded our projectors in the beginning of Aug (never played with macros commands)
        All errors are on the "Flat" macro. What happens when you call the "Scope" macro, or any other? The same? It will not call the scope it will give a macro time out and screens will be cropped, none of the macros will be called at all. Did you check the differences between the steps of the two?

Are those SP4Ks with ICMP everywhere? (That's probably a "yes".) Yes
        Did you start from zero, initially, on installation, or did you use a clone or imported settings and worked from there? we used a clone for all sites (we have over 40 SP4K and Issue is happening only on some projectors
        As mentioned elsewhere, do you use a TMS on those sites? Which one? UniqueX RB
        Do you know what software version you upgraded from, on those devices? from 1.7.6 to 1.7.8

The questions could be many. I would, at first, check that macro's steps, verify that are valid and compare with other macros.​
        Attached Files

Comment

O.K.
          Please, read Pete Naples' commend to your original post here: http://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/m...2358#post32358
          It might be that the projectors are bombarded by polling requests and generate communication issues.
          Have a check on the polling frequency of the RB and give it a try at first changing to every four (4) seconds. Reboot the system(/s) after you change the polling frequency.

If the failure is the same on "Scope" macro (because you shared the errors from "Flat" before), then the steps that fail are:
          Input: Icmp_MediaPlayer
          Picture: SCOPE
          3D: No3D
          TCGD: DC28_DCI_Laser
          MCGD: MCGD_SCOPE_29Jun22​

Apart from "Picture" and "MCGD" the others are pretty much common, and should be valid, regardless of whether they were copied from a clone or being the originals.
          After checking with the TMS, you may check whether those "Picture" and "MCGD" files are actually there in the system. And if they are, how do they behave when you activate them, not by using a macro, but via the web communicator. It may as well be that the files are corrupted.
          If that is the case, that would agree with Leo's guess.

I don't understand what you mean when you say: "Never played with macros commands".
          Is it that since August, you haven't had screenings on those systems?
          Is it that since installed, you used another way to play Flat and Scope DCPs? (What would that be?)

You can always re-install the firmware, if you thing that is the problem.
          What I would first do, is check with the TMS and send a diagnostic package to Barco/Cinionic, or investigate the logs myself, with the web-analyzer.
          Also, check Diagnostics>Monitoring for the current state.

Comment

Hi All,

The last update has been relesed

Bug Fixes:
            • ICMP: Update internal webserver to prevent ICMP disconnection.
            • ICMP: Improve reliability of the video mezzanine firmware (handling the live stream events) preventing the board to get corrupted.
            • ICMP: New 2K / 4K convergence test patterns added for SPXK-XX MKII projectors.
            • ICMP: Fix an issue where KDMs are deleted from the database after an ICMP reboot.
            ​We can see the disconnection from the ICMP, which is gonna be fixed with the new updated.

In our case before the update was released we downgraded our projectors to 1.7.6 and the Issue disappeared.

Thank you

Comment

Note that you install the software first as ICMP package, if it says "failed" with a red X (often does), reinstall it: that usually solves that problem.
              Then install it as "video mezzanine package" - with the same main software file.
              That gets everything up to date. I don't know why installing it as ICMP package doesn't do the video mezzanine as well.

Comment

On a Series 4, it will: if the ICMP-X has a video mezzanine card in it, the main update will go in first, then the progress indicator will jump back from 100% to zero and start again, doing the video mezzanine. But on a Series 2, you have to do them manually and separately, as you note.

Comment

Working...
                X