Doremi DCP-2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi DCP-2000

Hello, I'm new to the forum, my name is Rafael and I'm from Spain.
    I have a spare Doremi DCP-2000 server. My question is, can I connect the server to an Epson, Sanyo, etc. type projector?

To play encrypted content, the server's media block has to be connected to a DCI-compliant digital cinema projector: either Series 1, or Series 2 with an Enigma link decrypter. Consumer or classroom/boardroom-type AV projectors won't work. If your DCP2000's Dolphin media block is still running pre-DCI firmware, I believe that it's possible to switch off link decryption altogether. If so, you could connect it to any projector that has dual HD-SDI inputs and can accept a 2048x1080 container. But you would only be able to play unencrypted DCPs that way, which rules out all studio content and most arthouse content, too.

Comment

Thanks, in the end I will look for a second-hand nec 900

Comment

Keep in mind that, in order to be able to play encrypted DCPs, you need a DCI compliant projector. You won't be able to play any studio content on an Epson, Sanyo or whatnot projector, even if you somehow make it work.

If you're looking for a playback solution for non-DCI E-cinema, there are other options out there, like NeoDCP, which support playback of DCPs and even encrypted DCPs. I'd prefer such a solution instead of trying to shoehorn an old DCP2000 into this functionality.

Comment

Thank you, in the end I am going to decide on the NEODCP, now my question, what computer do you recommend, do I have to use external drives to play DCP?

Comment

NeoDCP lists some system requirements on their web page. Please make sure you have a compatible graphics card if you want to use the deep color depth (32bit / DCI-P3) support.

With NeoDCP you can ingest DCPs like you would do in a normal server. You need to have a local hard drive with sufficient space. I highly recommend using SSDs. Any modern SSD should be fast enough to handle DCI playback.

Keep in mind that not all studios will issue KDMs for this system. Most indie studios will not make an issue out of it, but many big studios will require a fully DCI-compliant system... although, I've seen some of them making exceptions for one-off shows for special events and venues, where a DCI projector simply isn't feasible.

Comment

Thank you very much, and another question, which version do you recommend?

Comment

ello again, I ask if someone can answer me which version of NEODCP would be good to use and what do you recommend for sound, which dobly?

Comment

I’ve been barking up this tree for quite some time now. My goal was to play non-encrypted content while using its automation capabilities. I’ve not had any luck so far…

Comment

I don't understand what you want to tell me?

Comment

The specs required for running NeoDCP on a windows system are clearly noted in their web pages. THey specify the minimum standards for successful playback. Best, to look there, and if in doubt ask the boys. They do give an answer, which is eventually better, than anyone here can do.
                      Keep in mind, not all KDM issuers support NeoDCP as a standard for content playback. It can be easier in an emergency situation, where your DCI compliant playback fails, but for general use, you are excluded from many major studio titles.
                      If that is no problem, and you're playing arthouse or independent stuff, it might work well.
                      THe DCP 2k approach eventually gets better support, but keep in mind, it is a solution of the design time, before 2009. THe hardware is 10+ years, stone age in computer terms. It will fail in components, and is officially End of Life, meaning no true and full mfg support anymore. Not to be trusted in a commercial environment anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X