Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi direct play

Hi all !

At my previous location we had GDC SX300 that I really liked - where I am now we have doremi showvaults.
    One thing I liked about the GDC's was that they had SATA ports that I could plug a hard drive into and play directly from the drive without an ingest.
    This was great for a lot of things but especially if one projector went down I could move the people to a different house and just play the movie from the original drive that deluxe sent.
    Now the doremi's do not have SATA ports, just a usb and P-Ingest is no good.
    I was told by another theater manager that you could play off a drive plugged into the CRU bay on the doremi - I tried it but it only gave the option to ingest. It did not recognize it as content it could create an spl from.
    Is there any way to do this on doremis ? If not I may need to pay GDC to "revive" my GDC media blocks (their batteries have died)

Let me know.

Thanks !!

No: play while ingest is possible only from network sources with DCP2000/ShowVault or IMS1000. It's upported only by IMS2000 (from sw 2.7.12) and IMS3000.

Comment

Thanks for the response, just to clarify though, I'm not trying to play while ingesting, i'm trying to play directly from a dcp on a hard drive in the cru bay.
      The gdc units can do it, they recognize the content and list it with all other ingested content. The doremis recognize the drive is there, but rather than "cataloging it" as playable content, they just want to ingest.
      But to be clear I am talking about a hard drive directly attached.
      I was told it was possible .... but i'm thinking not so much now ?

Comment

Doremi has had a play while ingesting feature on their classic drives but it is just that, it is ingesting and then playing what it just ingested. As the rule goes, one has to get 15-20 minutes ahead to "fill the bucket some" but they have no provision for playing directly off of an attached drive, like the CRU regardless of the connection method. GDC has "Live Play." and Dolby's DSS servers could always play right off of the CRU but not so for Doremi. As others have indicated, those servers with a USB3 port (IMS2000 and IMS3000) can play directly off of a USB3 drive (same with the ICMP from Barco).

On the upside, if you ingest while playing, it will be on the local drives for the next show.

If you are contemplating "reviving" your SX3000s...I wouldn't do that...I'd use their trade-up program and get SR-1000s...they are FAR better servers and still have Live Play off of USB3 drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
          Doremi has had a play while ingesting feature on their classic drives but it is just that, it is ingesting and then playing what it just ingested. As the rule goes, one has to get 15-20 minutes ahead to "fill the bucket some" but they have no provision for playing directly off of an attached drive, like the CRU regardless of the connection method. GDC has "Live Play." and Dolby's DSS servers could always play right off of the CRU but not so for Doremi. As others have indicated, those servers with a USB3 port (IMS2000 and IMS3000) can play directly off of a USB3 drive (same with the ICMP from Barco).

On the upside, if you ingest while playing, it will be on the local drives for the next show.

If you are contemplating "reviving" your SX3000s...I wouldn't do that...I'd use their trade-up program and get SR-1000s...they are FAR better servers and still have Live Play off of USB3 drives.
          To "revive" them is $500 each - to upgrade to newer model even with the trade in credit would be much much more - so much I could never afford it.

Thanks all !!

Comment

Working...
          X