Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error during icmp playback

Good afternoon

I'm using an ICMP server where a crash occurred during two different sessions, the errors were:
    player - source read error - play might fail
    player - assets read error - selection failed

I had to restart the projector to play again, but this is the third time this has happened. In the logs it shows that an error occurred in a certain file. Will I need to recreate the RAID?​

Captura de tela 2023-07-31 174017.png

We've had a similar thing a few years back and that required a RAID controller change. In this case, it could just be a problem with the DCP itself. Did the last crash also happen while playing MI7?

Other stuff I'd do before swapping out RAID controllers:
    - Check the hard drives for SMART failures.
    - Are the disks 5 years or older? Simply replace them all and rebuild the RAID. Make sure you select drives from the compatibility list to avoid unnecessary headaches.

Comment

Marcel, I also thought it was a problem in the DCP, but previously this same error occurred with the Barbie movie.

These HDs are old for more than 5 years, about this SMART error I didn't find it in the logs​

Comment

Between the logs, any "ICMPSmartInfo.txt" file?

Comment

Originally posted by Ioannis Syrogiannis View Post
          Between the logs, any "ICMPSmartInfo.txt" file?
          I didn't find this file
          Captura de tela 2023-07-31 214044.png

Comment

I only now saw your response logged in (seeing the picture). The truth is that I looked into an SP4K diagnostics' package that was for an ICMP-X.
            On (much) older ICMPs from DP2K systems I can't find such a file either. And, to be honest, not any reference on ICMPSyslog.txt either.
            I don't know if that Error_messages.txt could be of any help, but I wouldn't expect so from a file that is 17 bytes long.

I would check through the communicator menu, though, the status of the RAID array. If there is an error that would be where it should show. (Even though I have ran into problems with HDDs that wouldn't be solved from there.)

Comment

Do you get an error like this when you play other content? If you don't receive it, there may be a problem with the content, reinstalling it may solve the problem. Also check the HDDs there is a red light on it

Comment

Working...
              X