Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I ingest KDMs from networked computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ingest KDMs from networked computer?

Sorry for the beginner question. DCP is a small part of what we do and we're slowly getting more knowledgeable. Currently we're putting KDMs on a thumb drive and plugging it in to our GDC SR-1000 to ingest. If I have my windows machine i use to control the server connected to the server via a switch, can I ingest KDMs from the computer's HD?

I don't see why not. You would have to set up a ftp server on the Windows computer and then tell the GDC to use the Windows computer as a source on the ingest page.

Comment

For just KDMs...no problem...go to Content>KDM and then in the lower-right corner, you'll see an "Upload" button. You can upload a maximum of 30 at a time.

Comment

I've always thought Theater Key Retrieval ( https://files.isdcf.com/papers/ISDCF...al-TKR-v03.pdf ) would be a nice automated system for KDM delivery and ingest.

Comment

For servers that don't have this upload feature, you can use the built in FTP Server within Windows (configurable via IIS Manager), and then define the PC as a remote ingest source in the IMS. Simply save the KDM files in the folder that the FTP server points to, and the server will see them to ingest.

Comment

The same is true for locally made Ads. If you give your TMS (or SMS) an FTP folder to point to, it will save a lot of "sneaker net" and thumb drive (with extra time wasted transferring same). I believe Leo has posted, elsewhere how to configure IIS Manager in Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Hallikainen View Post
              I've always thought Theater Key Retrieval ( https://files.isdcf.com/papers/ISDCF...al-TKR-v03.pdf ) would be a nice automated system for KDM delivery and ingest.
              Interesting to see that 5 years later since the last time I've checked that, the thing still is stuck at version 0.3.

Comment

We do it all the time. We also do the same with our ad reels like Steve mentioned.

Comment

please see in photo image.png

Comment

Working...
                  X