Sound Levels on Barbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Levels on Barbie

I got an email from Deluxe this afternoon with the subject line "Urgent: Sound Levels on Barbie – PLEASE READ"

It has a pdf file attached that tells me (in big red letters) that Barbie is to be played at level 7 and do not adjust the volume.

Since I'm not playing Barbie here until next Friday, I'm wondering what's the problem with the sound in it. Too loud? Too quiet? Something else?

Did any of you fine folks who are playing Barbie right now notice anything about the sound that would prompt Deluxe to send out an "urgent" notice like that?

It seemed completely normal to me. We just played it on our normal level.

Comment

Great job, so next time they send an actual URGENT letter, it'll be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
        (edited) "Urgent: Sound Levels on Barbie "
        I know my Barbie sound levels are correct- - I set them using pink noise!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
          I know my Barbie sound levels are correct- - I set them using pink noise!.

Perfect!!!

Comment

These sound letters are nothing new. I think they are usually the product of some director wanting to make sure his movie sounds like he expects it to sound, but it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything special about the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Jones View Post
              It seemed completely normal to me. We just played it on our normal level.
              Not that I would go see Barbie, but that's disappointing to me per usual.

Comment

Working...
              X