Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who manufactures the chassis for the Doremi 3U and 4U servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who manufactures the chassis for the Doremi 3U and 4U servers?

Does anyone know who manufactures these chassis? I know the hard drive caddy’s are made by guanghsing. I would assume the whole chassis is the same. I’ve looked online just about everywhere and even looked at about every square inch of the chassis itself (I’ve got three). And can’t find a single thing anywhere that gets me something online. Perhaps it’s a Doremi exclusive but I like the design of it and I wanted to see if I could find more in the future.

Those machines seem to be a bit of a Frankenstein of a server. Where Dolby opted to source the chassis and most of its common PC components from SuperMicro, it looks like Doremi went another route. Whereas most mainboards are made by SuperMicro, the PSUs are sourced from Zippy. I'm not sure where they source their chassis. I know that many custom jobs are done by AIC, a Taiwanese company specializing in OEM server chassis as well as by SuperMicro.

Update: Looking at the product portfolio of Guanghsing, chances are they sourced their entire chassis there as a custom-build. Among the options are several very similar looking chassis, especially the metal grip bars. Also, they have some pretty similar looking options with built-in LCD screen.

Just out of curiosity, what's the plan here?
    Last edited by Marcel Birgelen; 07-09-2023, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Quickly, it will be easier to buy second hand Doremis.

Comment

Working...
      X