No announcement yet.

Dolby DSS200 Red X - Corrupt File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bet is that it's all about corrupt files from transfer.
    Whether that failure was during FTP (non-binary), or disk to disk (exFAT tends to make changes, all kind of different software on PC or Mac to write into a not natively supported format) I wouldn't dare guessing. Yet, .xml files are the most common victim. I always ask in such occasions to email me the .xml files zipped from the original package.
    Another possibility, and that had DSS media blocks choke in the past, is the use of non supported characters.

Off-topic:
    I have seen that DSS do play DCPs with missing subtitle fonts, IF those fonts were never on the DCP (assetmap/PKL, etc). No subtitles appear on screen, but the rest of the essences are showing.
    Some DCP authoring software does NOT include fonts on dummy subtitles. (Subtitles that have no text, and used for additional reels, logos and so on. A must on SMPTE packages.)
    Some dummy DCP authoring software does not include fonts on subtitles as well. I had that on a couple of Qube-made DCPs. I don't know if it's because Qube doesn't check if there are fonts or if the user didn't care.

Comment

Working...
    X