Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doremi Storage Disk SD(A, B, C) bad connection to motherboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi Storage Disk SD(A, B, C) bad connection to motherboard.

So I was bored at the theater and decided to pull a log on a couple of showvaults to see if there was anything wrong. Aside from the certificate needing the extension and the security manager bug (more on that story later on) on two different servers I got some combination of this storage disk connection error. I thought I read somewhere that Doremi had an issue with a bad batch of SATA cables but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Is there a deeper issue that is starting to brew or is it that the drives are just about to go bad? I didn’t see anything bad in the smart data. I’ve picked a few drives from the trash here that “appeared” to be bad only to get them home and not find a single thing wrong with them. Still using them here as I speak with no problems. Would the problem be solved simply by reseating the drives in the cage and the cables between them and the motherboard? I’ve never heard of such a problem in any computer I’ve worked with before.

https://kb.dolby.com/CinemaKnowledge...UDMA-CRC-ERROR

Doremi suggested to replace yellow sata cables (with orange ones or good quality sata cables).

Comment

It was found that the "yellow" sata cable developed a thin layer of oxidation which would affect the connection long term. As the KB says, re-seating the cable would fix the problem for a while (you can also use some contact cleaner).

Do bear in mind that CRC errors cannot be reset so make sure those errors are not from long ago when maybe the unit had yellow cable.

In any case, re-seating those cables can help and yes, never had that issue on my PC

Comment

Working...
      X