Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barco DP 2000 lamp goes off during show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco DP 2000 lamp goes off during show.

​Hello, good morning, I have problems with a very old projector, Barco DP2000, it shows a permanent error 5802 ti-boards-power up self test = case.

It works normally, the lamp turns off out of nowhere every 8 days, it just indicates that it turned off for due to an error, it restarts several times and works again for another 8 or 15 days

Only TPM self test error fails

thank you​

Did you try replacing the lamp? Are you running the latest software - which is old anyways?

Comment

You mentioned it's turning off due to an error. Can you, maybe, provide the error that's being logged?

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Giustini View Post
        Did you try replacing the lamp? Are you running the latest software - which is old anyways?
        thanks for your quick response​!

yes, we thought it was defective, but right now it has a new lamp.

The works normally with this error (5802) !occasionally the lamp goes off and indicates error 5647, I try to turn on the lamp and after a few seconds it goes off, it is solved by restarting the projector several times

3.png

1.png

Comment

I don't think both errors are necessarily related. You always get the System Self Test error when you start the projector, but the machine is working fine, besides the random lamp shutoff?

Regarding error 5647: This usually happens when the lamp goes bad. Is this the first lamp you had this problem with? Or did you have it with previous lamps too? Is CLO enabled? If so, try to disable it and see if the problem continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
            I don't think both errors are necessarily related. You always get the System Self Test error when you start the projector, but the machine is working fine, besides the random lamp shutoff?

Regarding error 5647: This usually happens when the lamp goes bad. Is this the first lamp you had this problem with? Or did you have it with previous lamps too? Is CLO enabled? If so, try to disable it and see if the problem continues.

Yes, that error is permanent.

The same thing happened with the previous lamp, I exchanged it with one from Dp2k and it works without problem.

- I have CLO deactivated, I have tried many values ​​without any success, the occasional error continues... which card controls this exactly?

Perhaps it has reached its useful life strangely...​

Comment

Well, this error usually happens if the projector detects a large voltage instability over the lamp. Such an instability could be a sign of trouble, so if this happens, the projector shuts down the lamp to prevent potential damage by an exploding lamp. Some lamps weren't responding well to the CLO and caused instability, that's why disabling CLO would often fix the problem. Another common fix is to bump the power to the lamp a bit.

If the lamp is fine, then the issue is probably with the projector. I see two potential issues: A problem with the lamp PSU/ballast or a problem with the circuitry measuring the voltage difference over the lamp. If you happen to have a replacement ballast, I'd start there...

Comment

Also: tighten all the connections, from the ballasts to the lamp. Anode and Cathode.

Comment

Working...
                X