Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDC Hard drive or SSD compatible with SX 3000 psd 3000??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDC Hard drive or SSD compatible with SX 3000 psd 3000??

​Hello, please help with GDC pdp 3000, SX 3000 hard drive compatibility list. I have at least 30 servers of these that experience pauses in playback, HSGT hard drives are not made. What other option do you know? Hard drive or SSD brand or reference.

Is there a way not to use the memory on the SX 3000?

Has anyone managed to play on the network via NAS?

THANKS​

You should contact GDC for a hardware compatibility list.

Alternatively: Get an eSATA enclosure for a few bucks and put a cheap SATA SSD into it and check if it works. Any halfway decent SSD should be able to easily perform according to specs.

As far as I can remember, the SX 3000 didn't support playback via the network. Maybe new software fixed that?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
      You should contact GDC for a hardware compatibility list.

Alternatively: Get an eSATA enclosure for a few bucks and put a cheap SATA SSD into it and check if it works. Any halfway decent SSD should be able to easily perform according to specs.

As far as I can remember, the SX 3000 didn't support playback via the network. Maybe new software fixed that?
      Hello, thanks for your answer

- gdc's solution is to buy a new portable storage for 1.5k usd ..

- sx 3000 has the option of storage via NFS v3 but there is no configuration information anywhere

- I will try through direct e-sata, hopefully it will recognize me as storage

thx​

Comment

It could be that the software supports NFS 3, after all, most modern operating systems come with NFS client support, but I'm not aware of any official support from GDC. Without any proper way to configure it, it will be useless anyway.

AFAIK the portable storage box uses a standard eSATA interface, so there is a big chance third party eSATA solutions will just work, as long as the disks you connect to it fall within the supported range of the kernel/drivers of the OS.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I have replaced those drives in the array connected to an SX 3000 with SSD's. They worked fine ... I did not get better performance, (which I had hoped for) but they did work fine.
          I have also replaced them with standard drives on another projector that you can get at Best Buy - as long as the speed matched on the replacement drives (gbits per second) you are fine. If you try to swap with a slower drive you will have the screen pause issues you mentioned. But you can put any drive you want in there as long as they are sufficently fast - I do recommend replacing all at the same time though, matching drives is best. (dont mix ssd with regular)
          I've swapped for both types and have had no problems over a year since the swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Armand Daiguillon View Post
            Hello,

Yes, I have replaced those drives in the array connected to an SX 3000 with SSD's. They worked fine ... I did not get better performance, (which I had hoped for) but they did work fine.
            I have also replaced them with standard drives on another projector that you can get at Best Buy - as long as the speed matched on the replacement drives (gbits per second) you are fine. If you try to swap with a slower drive you will have the screen pause issues you mentioned. But you can put any drive you want in there as long as they are sufficently fast - I do recommend replacing all at the same time though, matching drives is best. (dont mix ssd with regular)
            I've swapped for both types and have had no problems over a year since the swaps.
            hello, thank you very much for your experience and that of everyone, I will proceed to test the ssds in raid and through e-sata to see if I finally solve the tedious thing about getting 5400rpm disks​ !!

Comment

Working...
            X