NEC NC1202L Tamper Warning Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC NC1202L Tamper Warning Issue

Good morning. I've been a lurker and reading info on this site for years, but finally got to a point where I could use some help and thought maybe someone here has a suggestion.

I recently got a NEC NC1202L projector to install at one of the locations I'm responsible for. The install has gone just fine, til now. I've got the Dolby IMS3000 installed, it can see the projector and all the IP addresses are set. I can actually perform the remarriage via the DCC software. But, even the projector has a 586: Service Door Tamper error that I can not get cleared. The IMS3000 shows that the service door is closed, but not armed. When I try to arm it on the projector via the touchpanel, none of the passwords I have work. I can log in as Service, get to the SDT tamper clear screen, hit execute and then enter passwrod and I just get message of "different" No matter what password (service, user, Adv User, install). I'd love to hear any suggestions, it's driving me nuts.

Thank you,

Nate

Before I look up what a 586 error is...

Do you have a thumb drive installed with the administrator key? Without that, the NC-1202 will not light its lasers. On the bigger machines, they have a circular key on the small ones, it is a thumb drive. You create the administrator file via the projector so all you need is the thumb drive.

Comment

Steve,

It did not come with a thumb drive, and I've had no problem getting picture on screen. I can run the test patterns and have been able to adjust the screen file and lens positioning. The only thing I can't do is get that error cleared.

Thanks,

Comment

The USB key silliness is just to light the lasers. Without it, you'll get an error message noting that it's missing and you won't be able to turn the lasers on, but it won't give you any card cage tamper or marriage errors.

On more recent NECs, there are two separate tamper clear codes: a general "service door" one, which is the same as before, and a second tamper clear procedure which is specifically for the IMB or IMS option slot in the card cage. After removing and reinserting anything into this slot, you need to clear as follows:
        1. Power up projector from standby to card cage on. At this point you should see the "service door open" tamper error, but not the IMB tamper/physical marriage/logical marriage ones.
        2. Clear the regular tamper (the procedure whereby you hold down the menu button until it asks you for a code, you enter the code, then press enter). The service door open error should go away, leaving you with a green tail light.
        3. For a DolReMi IMS, create the entry for the projector in the Device Manager, test, and save. After saving, confirm that an entry for "Certainty" has appeared, and reboot the IMS if it hasn't within a couple of F5s later. The IMB tamper/physical marriage/logical marriage errors should now appear, and the tail light should go red. If this doesn't happen, something is wrong.
        4. Perform the remarriage procedure (in the case of a DolReMi IMS, by entering the username and password into DCC)
        5. Clear the card cage option slot tamper - this is done by holding down left and right arrows together until the side panel display asks you for a code, entering the code, then pressing enter. After this final step, the remaining projector errors should go away, and you should have a green tail light again.
        Forum rules prohibit me from posting the code for 5 here, which is what Nate appears to be missing - I suggest that he contacts cinemasupport [at] sharpnec-displays.com for that.

If you don't do the steps above exactly in that order, I've found that the projector can get confused, with the result that step 5 doesn't work, even using the correct code. If you've ended up down that rabbit hole, proceed as follows:
        1. Power up the projector and IMS.
        2. In the IMS's web UI, and delete the "Projector" and "Certainty" entries from the Device Manager. Don't forget to save when done, then shutdown the IMS.
        3. Put the projector into standby mode
        4. In DCC, change the option slot designation from "IMB" to "No card."
        5. Boot the projector into card cage on mode. The tail light should be green.
        6. After the projector has fully booted, put it back into standby mode.
        7. In DCC, change the option slot designation from "No card" to "IMB."
        8. Proceed with the list of steps at the start of this post, the only difference being that unless you have physically opened up the card cage, there will be no service door tamper error, and therefore you can skip step 2.
        Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 05-01-2023, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Leo,

Thank you for the detailed information. I will be on site later this afternoon and will make sure to follow that step by step. I feel like I did all that, but probably in the incorrect order. I will also reach out to the cinemasupport for the code I may be missing. I appreciate the time to share your knowledge and will update later.

Thank you!

Comment

Note, NEC does not supply a thumb drive. You get to do that. Get the smallest you can (physical size and storage size as it is just KB of storage).

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help, with the info you provided and some help from others I am on screen and the owner can have his extra showing of Guardians tonight. Thanks!

Comment

Congrats! The next one will be a lot easier...

Comment

Working...
                X