Problem with a DP2K-32B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a DP2K-32B

Good evening, I have a problem with a DP2K-32B where even after restarting the system does not seem to go up, the boards seem to be connecting normally, the server has a communication error with the projector and is asking for marriage.

I can't do the wedding because the keyboard is off, and the projector's led is blinking green as if it was starting up, but it's been on for hours.

I've left it off for about 20 minutes but it's still the same, can someone help me please?

Thanks​
    Attached Files

One note, this ICP operating system error is because I was trying to update but it stopped in the middle of the procedure and lost connection with the projector.

So I restarted the projector and got this other problem.​

Comment

Hmm .... I fear that this could be a difficult one.

The single orange light on the IMS1000 means "CPU operational but with warning (non-specific):

IMS1000_LED_behavior.png
      I've only seen the button panel fail to light up at the end of the boot sequence once, and on that occasion it turned out to be a bad button panel and the fix was replacing it. However, if this happened after you had to power cycle the projector because an update process stalled, that could indicate a more serious problem. The only occasion I've had a flashing green tail light continue forever, the problem turned out to be that the Barco/Dolby 3-D filter wheel on the back of the integrator rod had failed. Disconnecting it enabled the projector to complete the boot sequence.

Are you sure it was updating the ICP specifically at the time? If so, I would try booting the projector with the ICP pulled. If the boot process completes to a solid red light and being able to connect to the projector with Communicator (you'll have a ton of error messages related to there being no ICP present), then you've narrowed down the problem to the ICP. If so, the next thing to try would be the ICP recovery procedure. If not, there could be a number of possibilities, including a fault with the CCB. Can you connect to it with Barco Communicator, either by IP or RS232, when it is in the flashing green tail light state? If yes, you could try a full, manual reinstall of all the 2.10.117 software/firmware components.

I think it would be a good idea for you to contact your regular service vendor and/or Cinionic at this point. You will need to get the ICP recovery package from Cinionic if you're going to try that, anyways.

EDIT - after looking at the photo more carefully. There is something wrong with the ICP. In a normally working state, you should have the three right lights solid green, and the one on the left flashing. Second left being red means that, I guess, the operating system cannot load properly:

So this is definitely where I would start. The problem is that if you can't communicate with the projector, you can't get to the ICP to recover it, unless this can be done via the USB jack directly on the ICP. But this is not something I've ever had to attempt, or know if it is possible.
      Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 02-25-2023, 07:58 PM.

Comment

What Leo says. I feel the only option is to do a full recovery of the ICP. Meanwhile, as Leo said, take it out and see if the projector completes the booting process.

Comment

​Further thoughts after thinking about this.

1 - I don't think the button panel has anything to do with this. The button panel lighting up is the last thing that happens after the boot sequence is complete, immediately before the tail light goes from flashing to solid and you can connect to the projector. If something is stopping the boot sequence from completing, it will also stop the button panel from lighting up. In the case I had when the button panel actually went bad, the boot sequence completed, the tail light stopped flashing, and the projector could still be operated via Communicator and API commands, but the button panel never lit up. The customer had actually lived with this for as long as he could remember, but didn't mention it to me, meaning that I discovered it the hard way after doing a coolant flush and not being able to clear the tamper afterwards (because the Dallas key reader was also dead).

2 - Putting the ICP into recovery mode using the hardware method might work. This involves removing the faceplate from the ICP and reseating it into the backplane without the faceplate. You then have to push down on a button microswitch on the board while powering on the projector, which will boot it into a special mode that only enables you to reinstall the firmware. The projector will be in a tamper state, but you'll still be able to do that reinstallation via the projector's IP address if the ICP boots into recovery mode successfully. You need a software package and instruction sheet for this: I'd suggest contacting the dealer who sold and/or installed the projector, or Cinionic directly, for this.

If this is successful, you should end up with the ICP lights as they should be (three solid greens and one flashing green on the left), after which power down the projector, put the faceplate back onto the ICP, reseat, reboot, and clear the tamper. If you have a clone file downloaded before the ICP failed, simply reinstall it, and you're done. If you don't, you'll need to re-make all the files that were stored on the ICP (color calibration, screen masking files, etc. etc.). If you can't boot the ICP into recovery mode using this method, I fear that you're going to need a new ICP.
          Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 02-26-2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Probably ICP recovery is needed. I haven't had a software install fail, but I use the TI program - a Barco tech recommended that a few years ago over update companion.
            Hopefully you saved a clone before starting the update. After recovery the ICP is pretty much blank. A base clone gets the missing patterns back, and screen files don't take long to redo. But loading a clone is much easier.
            If recovery fails, try a different PC. I have one that just can't complete it, no cause found so far. Win 10.

Comment

Try booting the projector without the ICP installed. It will take seemingly forever to boot (~10 minutes), but should eventually go to a solid taillight. If the projector never finishes booting up without the ICP, you probably have an issue with the CCB.

If it does boot without the ICP installed, check to see if the projector is running software version 2.10.x. There is a bug in all versions of 2.10.x that can cause the cinema controller to essentially stop communicating if the ICP is in a bad state. When dealing with an ICP that needs to be recovered, the workaround is to downgrade the projector to 2.8.86, power it off and reinstall the ICP. Boot the projector and it should then come up to a red taillight. Run the ICP recovery tool and recover the ICP. If the recovery tool completes successfully, you can then upgrade the cinema controller back to 2.10.117 and then restore ICP settings from a clone (if one was taken).

If it does not boot without the ICP installed and you have a Communicator touchpanel available, log in over RS232 and check to see if the projector IP information is wrong. First generation Barco CCBs can sometimes experience memory corruption after many years in the field (almost always appearing on a power cycle and with the symptom of taillight flashing green endlessly). If the memory goes on the CCB, it usually scrambles the projector IP settings. Even if you reprogram the IP information via an RS232 connection, it won't write/retain the settings and the CCB will need to be replaced.

While rare, I have seen a defective 2nd-generation keypad cause a projector to fail to boot. If the projector does not boot without the ICP installed, you can try turning it off and temporarily disconnecting the wire harness from the back of the keypad. If the projector then boots successfully, you'll need a replacement keypad. With the keypad disconnected, you will not be able to use the Dallas key to clear any projector tamper errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Macaulay View Post
                If recovery fails, try a different PC. I have one that just can't complete it, no cause found so far. Win 10.
                I had one (Win10) that was whimsy (/precarious) when connected through WiFi. Not through Ethernet nor USB<>Ethernet adapter. That makes me thing it may had to do with time-outs.

Comment

No, I do this wired with no other network connections to the projector. Consistently fails in one of the last steps.

Comment

I see.
                    What I was trying to say is not as much that the difference wired/wireless makes a difference, but rather some time-out that is dictated by software of firmware.
                    All that, in the sphere of imaginary.

Comment

I did the boot test without the ICP card and the projector access came back.

I will carry out the tests that Leo said to try to recover​
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Keep in mind the info from Jason. If you take the faceplate off, force boot the ICP into recovery mode, the lights show that you've done that successfully, but you still cannot communicate with the ICP via the projector, try removing the ICP again and downgrading the projector's software/firmware bundle to 2.8.86 before making a second attempt.

Comment

One question, to downgrade is the same as updating the projector only in reverse?

Comment

Not sure. If the auto update option doesn't work, suggest doing it manually and checking every component at each stage.

Comment

I had 2 barco projectors that got stuck with green led flashing, not finishig boot. both problems was the reset button on the panel that got oxided and was reseting the projector. all projectors here i removed the button and closed the hole and gaps on the dallas key hole.

not saying this is the problem he is experiencing, but this problem is "real" (mostly near beach )

Comment

Working...
                              X