• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non DCI lens for a DCI projector?

Hello friends!!.

Someone is offering me a HB TLD+ Zoom HD (4.1-6.9):1 lens.​

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-11 at 09.45.33 (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-11 at 09.45.33.jpg

This is not a "DCI" lens, but I suspect that they have the same anchorage and connections like our Barco DP2k10S.
    Do you think it would fit in this projector?
    We own now these lenses:
    S-lens HB 1.5 - 2.15 (0.69” DMD)
    S-lens HB 2.0-3.9 (0.69” DMD)

​Maybe we could add this 4.1-6.9 lens to our portfolio

What do you think??

Another question I'm asking myself is if our actual lenses could fit in other NON-DCI barco projectors
    Attached Files

Well.
    I will answer myself:
    NO to both questions.

Comment

The TLD+ line of lenses would "fit" the "C" series (based on the .98" DMDs) of projectors like the DP2K-20C or even the SP4K-20C. So, no not the "S" series (based on the .69" DMDs).

The throw ratio shown on such lenses rarely, if ever corresponds to DCinema because most of the lenses originated from either SXGA or HD projectors (1920 width instead of 2048) so you'll need to scale those throw ratios down appropriately. Then there is the lens file to use. Barco only provides lens files for approved lenses. That said, I've noted that for all of the Minolta lenses for the "C" projectors, despite different names, have the same configuration inside.

For instance, we have tested and used the R9862040, which was not listed for 2K projectors, when we first started to test/use it. It was a 4.12-6.97 lens in an "HD" application. However, after doing the math, it is a 3.91 - 6.52 in a .98" 2K projector application...which we have verified. If one uses the normal Minolta 2.4-3.9 lens file (the longest one that is standard for DCinema) it works just fine.

The lens you are showing looks like it may be the R9862040 (check the label on the lens barrel) if so, then you now know how it can be used for digital cinema (just on Barco "C" projectors).

Comment

Thanks Steve!!.

Comment

Working...
        X