communication error on Barco Laser Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• communication error on Barco Laser Projector

Question about a communication error? For Barco Projector SP2K?

Execution of macro 'Media_Player_Flat' failed: Command at sequence number 8 returned 'WhitePoint WPC_2D_DCI not available, calibration needed.

Any ideas and quick tips to solve this. Scheduled shows will not start. Let me know thanks.

Urgent, business critical technical support requests should really go to your regular service vendor rather than a public forum, but anyways...

It looks like the projector has lost the file that stores the laser array white point calibration file (the information used to adjust the color temperature of the light source output). This is worrying, because there is no normal function or use that would cause this file to become deleted or corrupted, which suggests to me that you may have a CCB issue. To re-do the white point tracking, go to configuration > color calibration > light source in the web UI, and follow the wizard.

S4_whitepointcalibration.png

Hopefully this will save a new file and get you running again.

However, I cannot stress enough that you need a trained tech to look this projector over, and especially to go through the log to try to figure out what has happened. This is not normal. I have installed and/or serviced around 100 Barco Series 4s, and have never seen this.

Comment

I agree with all.
      I am looking forward to feedback on that.

One small chance, that there is another white point tracking file, named otherwise.
      That wouldn't be connected to macro presets that are commonly used, like "Media_Player_Flat", though.

Comment

Working...
      X