Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Som gdc

Hi all,

I'm finally getting around to trying to swap out my doremis for GDC's that I took from my closed theater.
    I'm getting the error SOM cant connect - I copied the IP's the doremis were using to the gdc's but I don't know what ip it wants there, the doremis did not have that info.
    The gdc's previously only had one network cable connected in the old theater so should only be on one network - I assigned the doremis old ":main ip" to be the gdc's "primary ip"
    Any ideas on what the SOM IP should be assigened to ? What even is that .... lol
    Nothing's ever easy

Any ideas ?

THANKS !!

Well, I gave up on this for today and put the doremi back so that I could run shows.
    But now I cant because I cant get the tamper error to go away in projector (Nec900C)
    I re-marriged in the dcc - but tamper wont go away. Doesn't just logging in via dcc get rid of the tamper error ?
    Or is something not in place causing tamper to not go away ?
    Ugh ...so frustrating.
    Any help appreciated !!

Thanks !

Comment

So ... fixed the tamper problem. Had to log in from projector. I've taken these apart at the other theater many many times and have never had to reset the tamper at the projector itself ... so that was weird.
      But if anybody knows about the original issue with the GDC IMB and what IP's should be for the SOM - that would be great.

Thanks !

Comment

Any time you pull the side cover off, and then a module out of a S-2 NEC you will activate micro switches and end up with a "tamper error". You will have to reset that error on the projector keypad.
        You should really get some technical training. Over the years GDC has held training classes at Cinemacon. NEC holds their own classes. Strong and MIT have also done NEC training, but not sure they still do. So check with those places to see if they have anything planned. At all the classes I attended, I signed non disclosures as most others on here have. That's the reason you never see any equipment passwords posted on this site.

Edit!
        Geez, I forgot about the SOM. I just use the next IP address up from the IMB Ethernet address for that. But you may want to use Advanced IP Scanner to see what addresses are available so you don't end up with an IP conflict. So say you are hypothetically using 192.168.10.115 for the projector IP, just make the SOM 192.168.10.116 as long as dot 116 is not used by some other piece of gear on that screen.
        Last edited by Mark Gulbrandsen; 01-20-2023, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
          Any time you pull the side cover off, and then a module out of a S-2 NEC you will activate micro switches and end up with a "tamper error". You will have to reset that error on the projector keypad.
          You should really get some technical training. Over the years GDC has held training classes at Cinemacon. NEC holds their own classes. Strong and MIT have also done NEC training, but not sure they still do. So check with those places to see if they have anything planned. At all the classes I attended, I signed non disclosures as most others on here have. That's the reason you never see any equipment passwords posted on this site.
          No worries - gdc tech support gave me all the passwords I need. Its just odd that ive removed the panels numerous times at other locations and cleared the errors through dcc. For whatever reason I had to do at projector this time.

Any idea on what IP's its wanting for the SOM setup ?

Comment

Yes, they can be cleared through DCC as well as the projector keypad. See my edited post above...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
              Yes, they can be cleared through DCC as well as the projector keypad. See my edited post above...
              The next IP up is the next projecor - I put a random free IP in there (did a ping to make sure it wasnt in use first) but still getting "SM Cant connect" - frustrating
              What exactly is it trying to connect to ?

Comment

You have a TMS then??? You may have to redo all of the IP adresses to be able to use the SX3000's. I'll look for one of my IP schemes in a little bit and post it.

Comment

Try using the next IP down if you can. This is where Advanced IP Scanner comes in handy. It will show the IP addresses being used in that booth If there is not a usable lower number then you will have to completely re-do your network settings as you replace the Doremi's with the SX-3000's. There are also GDC video's on Youtube. But we still don't know very much as to how your system is set up... IP of Projector, Server, Sound processor, Automation, Etc, Etc. Or of there is a TMS involved.

Comment

Working...
                  X