X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi Automation questions

Hey guys,

First time poster long time lurker.

I'm new to Cinema but not Theater. I am trying to automate our house lights.

Currently I have the lights controlled by Lightkey on the same Mac the vnc for the doremi is on. I added the lightkey software as a device in Doremi but when I send I don't get a response from the lightkey.

I have been able to get other programs(propresenter and reaper) to cue the lights via a midi

But not working on doremi. I have tried the pause so the port stays open longer and I have tried both tcp and udp?

The ports are open and I have even gotten replies from Homebridge that the doremi is sending. But im out of my depths and trying to solve the problem.

I see the raw text can use json but I don't think it can use osc. Which may or may not be the problem.

Any way to cue a midi key from Doremi? As the midi cues have been working.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction!
    Thanks!

Running with:
    m1 Mac
    programs
    lightkey, reaper, propresenter, Nuendo Live, homebridge, wleds
    Video
    NEC NC900C-A, doremi cinema, roland vhd-1, a Denton blu-ray,
    Sound
    cp500, a yamaha tf1 with dante network, 3 qsc amplifiers for a 5.1 mix,
    Lights
    2 etc senor racks with only 24 working lights ? I started with 12! Still have more to look through.

I would make sure... using the nc command https://linuxize.com/post/netcat-nc-...with-examples/
    That you can send the command via that and it works.
    Then use the NC command as a server and make sure you can get the Doremi to send the command as expected into the server..

This would be the path I took if having your problems.

If that all works. There is no reason why the dorami cannot make it work.

Comment

I've used Wireshark to inspect the message sent from something that works sending a command to a network device, then made the Doremi send the same data.
      ​​​​​

Comment

Wireshark is a big complex tool for what should be a trivial issue like this. But hay, if you know wireshark, yes try that out. Especially good to monitor a device that DOES work, and see exactly what happened so you can reproduce the message exactly.

Comment

Ah I was looking for something like this. I had found something like it but less informative. I used NC to scan for open ports. I didn't know it could monitor as well. I'll have to see how to do this and get back to you.

Oh can i use NC commands in the doremi Marco?
          this might force the connection.

Comment

NC can be used to listen (Server mode) or send a set of characters into a socket. Basically what the Doremi is doing but on the command line, so good for debugging, and trying things out.

Code:
            printf "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n" | nc host.example.com 80
            As an example

Comment

Update: solution
              Okay so the problem was protocol.
              lightkey wanted OSC and the doremi could only spit out raw ascii or anything you could pile on top of ascii.
              My talented boss wrote a python code as an intermediary and the lights power down and up on doremi cinema cues now. Which allowed me to engage the scheduler saving everyone the time and hassle of jogging up a staircase built in the 20s, the OG stairmaster!

thank you everyone for your help.

now onto my next 4 problems/project. Which I will be sure to ask you guys for help with.

Comment

Working...
              X