Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BARCO DP90 DP100 Powersupply

Hello

Has anyone an idea how to test modules of the BARCO DP90 and DP100 powersupplies?

There is a DP100 projector in a remote place which makes strange things.

There are three modules in the ballast rack.

The lamp power is going up an down form 90 to 190 Amps and back.

That is scary..

If I disable / take out two of the supplies it stays at 100 Amps (which is to low for the screensize).

How do these modules work?

Are they controled by a serial data steram?

The control cable is a mystery to me.

They seem to be similar to the moduels of the BARCO SLM projectors.

The question is, if the modules are broken or the data control is just freaking out.

Anyone has the "real" service manual for the DP100?

I know, its an old projetor but it only has 800 hours in total for now.

Thansk for any thoughts about that.

Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher Mondt; 01-10-2023, 01:46 PM.

I did repair some of that power supply as well other newer from series 1 and so.
    Anyway, communication between projector and lps is I2C with i2c buffer ic on small board in lps rack. Cable is feed end si2c communication as well 5V power supply from projector which feed mcu unit on lps. Lps itself vas standby power supply which feeds smps and pfc electronics, fans and booster voltages for lamp strike. Each lps unit has it own address so that projector knows which one is sending/receivibg info. Since all lps units do share same i2c bus, it can happend that if only one unit is damaged it habgs communication. During time there were few modification made on units, like that small communication board to be indulated from ground and so, i think that tech bulletins are still available on barco web, and i think there is something about current stability. Anyway in you're case, i would take one by one lps unit and try to run it at lower current too see if current is stabile, if one on them is fluctating than you have problem there. Also, are you sure lamp is ok and current not jumpibg because of bad lamp?

Comment

Working...
    X