BARCO 15c WIDE LENS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BARCO 15c WIDE LENS

I want to use my existing BARCO 2K ; 15c projector at my new cinema on the new custom main pearl white screen. (not ordered yet) It is a short 40ft (ish) throw.

So I need a new or used "C" TYPE lens 1.2. to 1.8 ...... (0.98” DMD) barco part number R98559572

IF I wanted a wider lens for a bigger screen could I have a custom lens built. Am I nuts ? Do you have a better idea?

You'd be shocked at how much it would cost to have a custom ground lens made. It would be well over $100K and possibly quite a bit more. Fear not, however, if you look at the Barco TLD+ line, you might find a lens with the throw ratio you desire. Be forewarned...they will likely be 4-5 times the price of a "standard" lens:

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 10.47.23 PM.png

Comment

One can always mount a magnifier in front of the lens Christie I think still carries theirs

Comment

The Christie magnifier is actually a pretty good piece of glass. Used two of them in the stacked 3D system at Zion Canyon. Screen was about 68 by 90 feet. There were no other lenses available at that time. Schneider had prototypes, but production was still iffy.

Comment

I used several of the ISCO minamizers from their 4"70mm lens for a theatre that had a vey long throw and a postage stamp image years ago

Comment

Here is a picture of the Christie Wide adapters on what was the shortest focal length lens they had back in 2009 when this system went in.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X