Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with default dss200 vnc password

Hello Team,

I have a pressing matter that has led me to joining this forum.

BRIEF INTRODUCTION: I have been working for Media as Equipment Servicing Manager at a TV Station named MUVI TV in Zambia for over 11 years.
    In October, 2022, I was moved by my Boss the owner of the TV Station to take over IT Department and the running of the Cinemas because the former IT Manager was also responsible for taking care of the Cinema projectors.

Therefore, I have since done alot of studies about cinemas, Now the challenge I have is to be able to schedule movies even when am at the other office at the TV station.
    I have access to the File server through TeamViewer but when I try to VNC connect to showstore, there is a password and my former colleague does not want to provide. He tells to confirm from the supplier.

Please help me find a way to connect to the showstore and schedule without being there physically.
    I have seen if I do Telnet, there are Jupiter files there, meaning I can remotely connect through Jupiter too.

First Question, What is the default password?
    Second: If the default don't work How do I recover the password?
    Third: Where can I find Jupiter client software to remote connect to showstore?

Please help me, am in pressure.

Thank you
    Last edited by Senator Sibbuku; 12-29-2022, 03:25 AM.

I'm very sorry that we can't help you, but this forum has an absolute policy to the effect that equipment login and password information must not be posted. This is because it is a public website, with no login required to view pages, and therefore posting this information would have the effect of publishing it. Equipment manufacturers want to keep control over who has access to this information, because there are both security and safety risks if it enters the public domain.

I would suggest emailing cinemasupport [at] dolby.com, calling +44-33-0808-7790 (a number in the UK: this is the closest time zone to you of all their support numbers) or contacting your nearest Dolby authorized dealer, which would appear to be one of three in and around Johannesburg, South Africa.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99.99% sure that there is no official way to change the VNC password for a DSS200. So unless someone has used an unofficial way (which likely would require editing a Linux configuration file manually), it should still be on the factory default. Dolby should be able to give you a link to the Jupiter Client/Show Manager software, but will need to know the exact version number of the software/firmware version that your DSS200 is currently running. They may also want the serial number of your DSS200 and media block in use (cat862 or cat745).

Comment

Correct, there is no provision to alter the VNC password in a DSS200.

Comment

Ya can't change that password in any Server that I am aware of... It's written into the firmware.

Comment

Thank you all for the Help I appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen
            Ya can't change that password in any Server that I am aware of... It's written into the firmware.
            The only one I know of is the SR-1000:

SR1000_changeVNCPW.jpg

Comment

Leo, Yes, however, the few that I put in before I retired and that replaced older full size GDC servers stayed as is. BTW, I just sent one of my customers your way that wants to do the same thing...

Comment

Doremi servers also allow the vnc password change https://kb.dolby.com/CinemaKnowledge...e-VNC-Password (and it's a normal linux procedure)

Comment

Working...
                X